What’s the Optimal Way To Cancel Optimum?
How To Cancel Optimum on Your Own
If you’d like to cancel your Optimum subscription by yourself, the company leaves you with a couple of options:
|Can You Cancel With||Yes/No|
How To Cancel Your Optimum Subscription Over the Phone
If you decide to end your Optimum membership, you can do so over the phone. Depending on where you live, you will need to call the customer service number they use in that area. Follow these steps:
- Call the suitable number:
- 718-860-3514 if you live in Bronx, Brooklyn, or Westchester
- 973-230-6048 if you are a New Jersey resident
- 631-393-0637 if you live in Long Island
- 203-870-2583 if you live in Connecticut
- 888-276-5255 if you need their business customer service
- Explain why you’re calling and make it clear that you no longer require their services
- Provide them with all the relevant information about your account
- Wait for further instruction
Their business customer support is available 24/7, while you can get in touch with customer service reps for private users from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
DoNotPay Can Help You Be Done With Optimum Quickly
You can use DoNotPay to skip the dull and time-consuming process of canceling any service on your own. We offer a fast, easy, and stress-free option, and if you’d like to give it a try, do the following:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Select the Find Hidden Money option
- Enter Optimum as the service you want to terminate
DoNotPay will notify you when the service has been canceled successfully, and you can be certain never to get charged by Optimum again.
What Are the Optimal Optimum Alternatives?
In case you are unsatisfied with the service you’re getting from Optimum, you can always find another internet and cable provider that better fits your needs. Take a look at some of the best Optimum alternatives:
Can You Get a Refund From Optimum?
You can cancel Optimum before the last day of the billing period, and the cancellation will take effect at the end of the current billing period.
When you install Optimum, your monthly subscription will begin the next day. The subscription will renew each month on the first day of your billing period until you cancel it. Optimum will charge you for their services at the beginning of your billing period unless you decide to terminate their service.
They also state that you can’t get a refund for your payments, and you won’t be able to get your money back for partially used subscription periods. If you are having any trouble with this provider, DonotPay can help you sue Optimum in small claims court.
Other Useful Features DoNotPay Offers
DoNotPay assists in handling issues with other internet and telephone companies. If you were unsatisfied with the service you got, you can request a refund from Verizon with our help. We will gladly show you how to lower your Verizon bills, report robocalls from Comcast and Verizon, or block emails on Comcast and report AT&T emails and AT&T spam texts.
Access your DoNotPay account from a and choose the tasks you need help with:
- Covering bills you can't pay
- Blocking text spam
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Blocking spam mail forever
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Fighting parking tickets
- Signing up for clinical trials
- Signing up for free trials without risk
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from various companies
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer support
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Stopping subscriptions and memberships
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Suing anyone in small claims court