How to Cancel DTE Fast and Save Your Money
DTE Energy is a company that distributes electricity and gas and is based in Detroit, USA. It includes electric utility—serving around 2.2 million customers—and natural gas utility—serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan.
If you’re dissatisfied with DTE’s services or you’re moving to another state, we can help you cancel this service.
How Can You Cancel DTE Manually?
Canceling DTE might refer to discontinuing only the eBill Paperless Billing or dropping the company’s services altogether. If canceling your eBill Paperless Billing account is what you need, you can do it on their website.
To cancel your DTE utility service, you have to call their customer service.
The Cancellation of Your eBill Paperless Billing
To cancel your eBill Paperless Billing, take the following steps:
- Sign in to your DTE Energy account
- Under View and Pay find a box next to Go Paperless
- Uncheck the box
The Cancellation of DTE’s Services
- Dial the toll-free number: 800-477-4747
- Ask the agent to terminate the service
- Give the agent your Social Security number or account number
- Ask them to send you an email verifying your cancellation
If you have trouble reaching a customer support representative, you can quickly jump the phone queue with DoNotPay.
DTE’s website states that after the termination, their technicians will come to read and disconnect your gas or electricity meter. If it’s located inside your home, someone over 18 has to be present. During the reading and disconnecting, you’ll have to provide one of these personal identification papers:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or State Identification number
- Military ID
- Official American Tribal Document
Let DoNotPay Cancel the DTE Service for You
You can avoid the whole messy process of personally canceling DTE by letting DoNotPay do it for you. With DoNotPay you can cancel any service or membership in just a few clicks on your computer or smartphone.
All you need to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from any web browser
- Select the Find Hidden Money option
- Let us know that DTE Energy is what you’re canceling
DoNotPay will cancel the service in 48 hours, and we’ll let you know via email that your cancellation is complete. DoNotPay can help you with anything from canceling other electric services such as Arcadia Power and Dominion Power to getting assistance with an electric bill in NC and help with your FPL bill.
Aside from canceling your subscriptions, DoNotPay can also help you monitor them.
This is how we do it:
- We identify the services you’re signed up for
- We highlight the ones you don’t use on a regular basis
- With your authorization, we cancel them one by one
Think about how much money this will save you. The only thing you need to do is connect your email or bank account to DoNotPay.
Can You Cancel With
Know Your Alternatives for the DTE Service
Find out what some of the alternatives to DTE are:
Has DTE Breached Your Consumer Rights?
One of many amazing DoNotPay’s features is that this app can assist you in suing people and companies in small claims court. DoNotPay is your first robot lawyer and the app’s excellence has been recognized by the American Bar Association’s Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
This is how DoNotPay works for you:
- Our chatbot collects all the information about your case
- We draft your demand letter and other paperwork
- The app creates the perfect script for you to use in court
DoNotPay Can Provide Assistance in More Ways Than One
If you’re tired of bureaucratic processes and want to stop wasting money on expensive apps and lawyers, then we are a perfect fit!
DoNotPay can help you with many issues such as:
- Jumping the phone queue while contacting customer service
- Getting an appointment with the DMV quickly
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Shielding yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with bills you can’t pay within the due date
- Getting a refund from any company
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Requesting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Starting free trials without credit cards
- Clearing out spam mail forever
- Taking anyone to small claims court
- Canceling any paid membership or subscription
- Appealing speeding tickets
To get help, open DoNotPay in your web browser and start your money-saving right now.