What Is the Best and Fastest Method to Cancel AppleCare+?
AppleCare+ is an extended warranty and technical support plan that covers most of Apple's devices. AppleCare subscribers can get an additional year of warranty coverage and two full years of chat support.
Possible Methods to Cancel AppleCare+
Depending on the device you use, there are several ways to cancel your AppleCare plan:
Can You Cancel With
|Yes / No|
|iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch||
How to Cancel AppleCare+ if You Are Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you subscribed to AppleCare+ for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, here is how to cancel your membership:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on your name
- Tap Subscriptions
- Find AppleCare+ among your subscriptions and tap it
- Select the Cancel Subscription option
How to Cancel AppleCare+ for Your Mac
If you purchased AppleCare+ for your Mac, here is how to cancel the subscription:
- Open App Store on your Mac
- Click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar
- Select the View Information option
- Find the Subscriptions section
- Click Manage
- Find the AppleCare+ subscription and click Edit next to it
- Click Cancel Subscription
How to Cancel AppleCare+ on your Apple Watch
If you are using AppleCare+ on your Apple Watch, this is how to cancel it:
- Open Apple Store on your Apple Watch
- Scroll until you find the Account option
- Tap Account to access it
- Tap Subscriptions
- Select the AppleCare+ subscription
- Tap Cancel Subscription
How to Cancel AppleCare+ if You Paid Upfront
If you paid for your AppleCare+ plan upfront and decide to cancel it, you have to contact Apple Support. Make sure to have the following details prepared:
- Your original sales receipt
- AppleCare agreement number
- The serial number of the device
You can reach Apple Support on their website. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the Apple website
- Pick Support from the top menu
- Scroll down until you reach the Get Support link and click it
- Click More
- Click on the Hardware Coverage box
- Click on Other Hardware Coverage Topics
- Select Cancel AppleCare Plan
- Choose to either talk to an agent immediately or leave your contact info for a callback
Choose a Simple Way to Cancel AppleCare! DoNotPay Takes Care of Your Subscription in a Few Minutes!
There is no need to go back and forth with customer service reps—we can cancel AppleCare for you quickly.
Here is how:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Tap Find Hidden Money
- Type in AppleCare as the name of the service
DoNotPay will let you know when it cancels your AppleCare plan, but we can do more for you. If you connect your email or bank account to the app, we will find all your subscriptions. You can use DoNotPay to cancel those you don't need.
Does Apple Offer a Free Trial When You Purchase AppleCare?
No, there are no free trials for AppleCare services.
Can I Get a Refund If I Cancel Applecare?
It depends on the type of subscription you signed up in the first place.
Can You Get a Refund?
You want to cancel your monthly subscription
You paid in full for the plan and canceled within 30 days of purchase
You paid upfront for the full plan but canceled after more than 30 days of purchase
Does the AppleCare Subscription Renew Automatically?
Yes, AppleCare will renew each month until you cancel it or until the service expires. You can expect your card to be charged at the beginning of each new billing term.
Can I Put My AppleCare Subscription on a Temporary Hold?
No, since AppleCare works as an extended guarantee, there is no option to pause it.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay is an administrative assistant app that can help you check items off your to-do list.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and explore other amazing features our app offers.
Here are some tasks we can assist you with:
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with high bills
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and businesses in small claims court
- Booking a DMV appointment
- Securing compensation from airlines
- Handling issues with credit cards
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from merchants
- Blocking spam
- Signing up for free trials