How to Connect with an Inmate at Camp Hill State Correctional Institution with DoNotPay
SCI Camp Hill was first opened for young offenders and was known as the Industrial School at White Hill. SCI Camp Hill, where Laurel Harry serves as Superintendent, is now Pennsylvania's diagnostic and classification center for men who are entering the state prison system. If you have a loved one at the and are wondering how to get in contact with them, DoNotPay can help you navigate the process of connecting with an inmate.
SCI Camp Hill Contact Information
To contact officials at SCI Camp Hill to verify visitation policies, mail and package policies, or inquire about other concerns, you can use the following methods:
|Physical Address||2500 Lisburn Road
Camp Hill, PA 17011
|Phone Number||(717) 737-4531|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 8837
2500 Lisburn Road
Camp Hill, PA 17001
Visitation with Inmates at SCI Camp Hill
There are many different types of ways that one might be able to visit with an inmate that they have a connection with. There are advantages to each type of visit including:
|In-Person Visit||This is the most intimate and perhaps most beneficial way of visiting an inmate. However, scheduling an in-person visit is more cumbersome than the other options. You will need to be extremely diligent in scheduling your visit with an inmate.|
|Video Visit||A video visit brings an extra element of personalization to the visit without having to physically go to the facility. This method may be highly useful for those who live a long distance from the facility where their loved one is held.|
|Phone Call||This type of meeting with an inmate is the easiest to set up and may be allowed more frequently than other methods.|
To schedule an in-person visitation with an inmate:
- Go to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections Inmate Visitation System
- Log in to your account
- Choose an available time-slot based on your loved one's housing assignment
- The visit must be scheduled at least three days in advance.
- Remember that an inmate is permitted four (4) in-person visits per month (one of which may be on a weekend) and four (4) visitors at a time.
- Always check your email the morning of your scheduled visit, because cancellation notices are sent via email.
- You must clear all security procedures and comply with visiting room rules.
Inmates and authorized visitors may use video visitation as a free service. The rules are similar to in-person visitation.
- Go to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections Inmate scheduler system.
- Log in and schedule your visit.
- Before your first video visit, read their guide to:
- Join as a visitor using iPhone/iPad (iOS devices))
- Join as a visitor using Android Phone/Tablet (Android devices)
- Join as a visitor using Windows/Mac/Linux devices
- Each inmate is permitted six video visits per month, one of which may be on a weekend.
- Up to six visitors may participate in a video visitation.
Phone Calls with Inmates
Phone calls are encouraged, but the Department of Corrections is not responsible for creating phone accounts. Accounts are created by Securus, and you can direct any questions to Securus or by calling 800.844.6591.
Sending Mail to Inmates at Camp Hill
Sending mail to inmates is a great way to encourage them, connect with them and share updates and news. General correspondence must be sent to the Department of Corrections' third-party mail vendor, Smart Communications. Remember to include your full return address with your first and last name.
To address mail to an inmate, you must use the correct format to make sure it is received and processed correctly.
Smart Communications/PA DOC
Inmate Name/Inmate Number
PO Box 33028
St Petersburg, Florida 33733
Acceptable mail includes, but is not limited to:
- greeting cards
- children's drawings
- correspondence that is NOT legal or privileged
You can read the full mail policy to understand how their third-party processing works, and to make sure your package will not be returned or unable to be delivered to the inmate.
Let DoNotPay Help you Easily Connect with an Inmate at SCI Camp Hill
If you have a loved one who is incarcerated at the , and you need help corresponding with them, DoNotPay has an easy solution.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
We can help you connect with an inmate and save you time and frustration, and our process is fast, easy and successful!
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You Today?
DoNotPay can do more than help you connect with loved ones at . We can also help you:
- Contest parking tickets
- Cancel your subscriptions and memberships
- Sue individuals or businesses in small claims court
- Find and claim funds under your name
- Apply for clinical trials
- and so much more!
No matter what concern, need or problem you have, DoNotPay is here with a quick and efficient solution!