How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Bucks County
After celebrating a marriage event, a marriage certificate remains proof that the couple got married as per the law. But, what happens if you lose your marriage certificate or need several copies for different legal procedures?
Bucks County allows you to get certified copies of your marriage certificate so that you can use them for different purposes. are issued at the Register of Wills and Clerk of the Orphans Court in Doylestown, and you can order your copies from there. But there is a faster and easier way, it’s called DoNotPay.
DoNotPay has a Marriage Certificate product that can help you get copies of your marriage certificate without the hassle. DoNotPay will ask you to provide important details of the certificate and then contact the Bucks County Court on your behalf to request copies of the marriage certificate.
What’s the Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License in Bucks County?
|Issued to a couple a few weeks before they get married to show that the two individuals have met the requirements of the law and are authorized to get married. It's valid for 60 days only after being issued.
|A legal document issued on or after the day of the marriage event to show that the couple is now married. It contains all the essential details of the people involved and can be used for legal purposes.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Bucks County?
Bucks County issues both informational and certified copies of marriage certificates depending on who is asking for the copies. Certified copies are issued to the following people.
- Individuals whose names are registered on the marriage certificate
- Immediate family members like parents, siblings, or children
- Designated attorneys representing the individuals or their family
Other interested parties, such as distant family members and researchers, only get access to the informational copy. Such copies cannot be used for legal purposes as they do not contain the Clerk's seal and signature.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Bucks County?
The charges for getting certified copies of a marriage certificate are $25 per copy. First responders with an ID are served free of charge. However, if you need the copies in an emergency and cannot wait for the 3-day processing period, you'll pay $75.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Bucks County?
In your application for a copy of your marriage license, you'll need to show proof of identity. You can submit your government-issued ID, passport, driver's license, or social security number.
How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Bucks County by Yourself
Here's how to apply for a .
- Download the application form and fill it out.
- Attach your original ID or other forms of identification.
- Include payment ($25 per copy) as a check or money order payable to Orphan's Court. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Include a self-stamped envelope.
- Mail the documents to the Register & Clerk of Orphans' Court, 55 E. Court Street, 3Rd Floor, Administration Building, Doylestown, PA.
You can also call the Orphan's Court at 215-348-6265 to order copies of your marriage certificate and pay with a credit card.
How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Bucks County With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to Order/Get a but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that's it! Your marriage certificate copy request will be sent and on its way. You should hear back from them within a few weeks with updates once your request has been processed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you learn the following.
- Online marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate online apply
- How to fill out a marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate documents
Check out DoNotPay's Marriage Certificate product for more information.