DoNotPay Can Help You Get a Bergen County Fishing License
New Jersey is an angler's paradise with plenty of lakes, ponds and waterways that are perfect for catching all kinds of fish. With a you can cast your line in local spots like Bear Swamp Lake and Scarlet Oak Pond.
Each fall, the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife (NJDFW) releases thousands of rainbow trout across 17 streams and 19 lakes and ponds throughout the state. Experienced fishing enthusiasts have great luck at spots like Merrill Creek and Round Valley Reservoirs.
If you want to fish in New Jersey, it's important to obtain the right fishing license before you head out. The application process can be lengthy, leaving you frustrated and short on time. DoNotPay can help you purchase your Bergen County fishing license with ease, so you can get out on the water.
Who Needs a Bergen County Fishing License?
Anyone over the age of 16 who fishes in Bergen County will need to obtain a fishing license through the New Jersey DFW. Kids under 16 and seniors over the age of 70 can . Seniors just need to carry proof of their age, like a state driver's license.
What Are the Different Types of Fishing Licenses in New Jersey?
When applying for a fishing license, you need to ask yourself a few questions. Your answers will help to determine which fishing license is the right one to purchase. The questions include:
- How old are you?
- Have you lived in New Jersey for at least six months?
- How long do you need your license to last?
- Have you ever purchased a fishing license before?
Once you've answered these questions, you can choose from the following fishing licenses.
New Jersey Residents
If you currently live in New Jersey and you've lived there for at least six months, then you are considered a resident. Here are the fishing licenses that residents can obtain.
- All-Around Sportsman (Fishing and Hunting): $72.25
- Freshwater Fishing (Age 16 to 64): $22.50
- Freshwater Fishing (Age 65 to 69): $12.50
The following fishing licenses are available to people who live out of state.
- Freshwater Fishing (Age 16+): $34
- 7-Day Vacation Fishing: $19.50
- 2-Day Vacation Fishing: $9
New Jersey also has a unique "buddy" program for anglers who have never bought a fishing license before. If you purchase a fishing license at the regular price, the newbie angler can buy one at a discounted rate. These fishing licenses include:
|Resident Fishing||$22.50 for the first license||$11.75 for your buddy|
|Non-Resident Fishing||$34.00 for the first license||$17.50 for your buddy|
|All-Around Sportsman||$72.25 for the first license||$62.50 for your buddy|
For saltwater fishing, you'll need to get a special permit. The various options are listed below.
- Resident Recreational Shellfish: $10
- Resident Senior Lifetime Recreational (Age 62+): $2
- Resident Commercial License: $50
- Juvenile Recreational License (under 14): $2
- Non-Resident Recreational License: $20
- Non-Resident Commercial License: $250
How to Buy a Bergen County Fishing License
Before you get a fishing license in the state of New Jersey, you'll need to obtain a Conservation Identification Number (CID). This number will appear on your fishing license, and you can register for one online.
To obtain your fishing license online, you need to follow these steps:
- Gather the supplies you'll need in order to apply for your fishing license. You'll need your driver's license and a method of payment.
- Go to the DFW's website and create a unique username and password.
- Follow the prompts to create a CID.
- Continue filling out your personal information and click "continue" to navigate the application.
- Select the appropriate fishing license.
- Add your credit card or other payment information.
- Click "submit."
- Print your fishing license and keep it somewhere safe.
The online process is tedious and it will take a while to complete, but when you're finished, you'll have a fishing license that allows you to cast off in the state of New Jersey.
If this process seems too daunting, you can also visit your nearest Licensing Agent during normal business hours. If you have questions, feel free to call 908-637-4125 or email NJDFWLicenses@dep.nj.gov.
Let DoNotPay Purchase Your Fishing License For You
If driving to an office during normal business hours seems impossible, and the online process looks tedious and boring, let DoNotPay take care of the process for you.
How to get your fishing license using DoNotPay:
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
DoNotPay Can Buy Your Fishing License So You Don't Have to Waste Time
With help from DoNotPay, you can let go of all the tedious, but necessary tasks in life. Let DoNotPay purchase your so you can spend more time packing for your next fishing excursion.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer that's designed to make life easier. Check out some other ways DoNotPay can help you out.
Life is busy. Don't waste time on boring tasks that can be outsourced. Let DoNotPay take care of the tedious work so you can spend more time living.