How to Connect With an Inmate at Avenal State Prison
(ASC), formerly known as Kings County State Prison, is known for being the first correctional institution requested by the local community, which was interested in the economic benefits that would accrue to it from having the prison in town. ASC is an all male state prison housing minimum-medium Level II class felons.
Avenal State Prison Contact Information
Avenal is located in Central California, around an hour southwest of Fresno off of Interstate 5. If you are interested in contacting Avenal State Prison, use the contact information below.
|Physical Address||Avenal State Prison
1 Kings Way
Avenal, CA 93204
|Email (to schedule a visit)||ASPVideoVisiting@cdcr.ca.gov|
How to Reach Inmates at Avenal State Prison By Yourself
Visitors should keep the following rules in mind when planning to visit an inmate at Avenal State Prison:
1. In-person visits may be conducted on Saturdays, and video visits may be conducted on Sundays. Visits must be scheduled ahead of time using the VSA visitation scheduler. There are four holidays on which inmates may receive visitors: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
2. Visitors must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within the previous 72 hours or their vaccination card showing that they are at least 14 days past the final injection in their vaccination series. No self-administered tests will be accepted.
3. Visitors are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
4. Make sure to check the Visiting Facility Status page prior to visiting for any updates.
It is not possible to call an inmate directly at Avenal. Inmates can only make outgoing calls, however. Avenal, as part of the CDCR, uses the Department of General Services (DGS) Inmate/Ward Telephone System (IWTS) Contract to provide collect-only phone service to inmates. Learn more here.
Money may be sent to an inmate at Avenal in the following ways:
Electronic Funds Transfer
- Paid service with a fee
- Funds post within 1 – 3 days
- Friends and family can deposit funds to a trust account or restitution only
- Send money through one of the following:
To use this method to send money, first you will need to fill out the Money Order Deposit Form with the sender name and address. Make checks or money orders payable to JPay. Mail form along with payment to JPay, 2202 South Figueroa St, Box #3001, Los Angeles, CA 90007. There is no fee for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier's check.
Note the following with regard to these payments:
- Any letters or notes included with payment will be discarded.
- Personal checks will be held for 10 business days.
- A maximum of $999.99 per Money Order Deposit Form is permitted.
- Inmate funds only: JPay does not accept Family Visit, TCL, Restitution only, etc.
- Visit JPay.com/LegalAgreementsOut for Terms and Conditions. A JPay account is not needed to send money orders, personal checks,
Mail Your Check or Money Order to the Institution
- No fee
- 30-day hold
- Sender's name and address required on check or money order
- Make check or money order payable to CDCR
- Include Inmate Name and Inmate CDCR # on check
Send mail to an inmate
If you want to write to a prisoner at Avenal or you have a prison pen pal there, mail may be sent at the following addresses. Make sure to include the inmate's name and CDCR number when you write a letter to an inmate. Mail will be inspected before being delivered to the inmate.
- Facility A, P.O. Box 901, Avenal, CA 93204
- Facility B, P.O. Box 902, Avenal, CA 93204
- Facility C, P.O. Box 903, Avenal, CA 93204
- Facility D, P.O. Box 904, Avenal, CA 93204
- Facility E, P.O. Box 905, Avenal, CA 93204
- Facility F, P.O. Box 906, Avenal, CA 93204
Inmate’s Name, CDCR #
P.O. Box 901
Avenal, CA 93204
Getting In Touch With Your Loved Ones Faster and Easier Via DoNotPay
As you can see from all of the above, keeping in touch with inmates at Avenal State Prison isn't easy. It can be costly, and there are a lot of rules and regulations to navigate. That's why it's a good idea to enlist the help of DoNotPay. To use DoNotPay to reach an inmate at Avenal, go to DoNotPay and select the Connect with an Inmate product.
All you need to do is input the inmate ID or Booking Number, the name of the prison, and the unit the inmate is located in, if applicable.
Once you do that, DoNotPay can help you connect with the inmate.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
DoNotPay can even help you if you don't know which prison your friend or loved one is located in. To locate an inmate in no time using DoNotPay, simply do the following:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay does a lot more than help you find and contact inmates at . It helps make your life simpler in all sorts of ways. Some of these include:
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting parking tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Eliminating spam mail forever
- Protecting your copyright
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
Give DoNotPay a try today to learn more about these and many other services offered.