4 Ways to Stay Connected With an Inmate at Attica Correctional Facility
is home to 2,253 maximum-security male inmates. Since it was opened in 1931, it has housed some of the country's most dangerous inmates. If you have a loved one incarcerated at this highly secure campus in Attica, NY, you're probably wondering how you can stay connected with them.
Besides enjoying access to religious services, library and law library services, anger management programs, and other services, inmates housed at this correctional facility benefit from the opportunity to stay connected to the outside world. Today, we're looking at four ways you can stay in touch with an Attica Correctional Facility inmate.
Attica Correctional Facility Contact Information
This Wyoming County correctional facility is presided over by Superintendent Harold J. Smith and managed by the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision. If you want to visit a loved one at this facility, you need to pass a background check and get Superintendent Smith to approve your application.
639 Exchange St. Rd.
Attica, NY 14011
4 Ways You Can Connect With an Inmate at Attica Correctional Facility
If you want to connect with an inmate at Attica Correctional Facility, you can:
- Send mail, email, and videograms
- Send money
- Receive phone calls
Send Mail, Email, and Videograms
Regardless of what you want to mail your incarcerated loved one, you need to know how to address a letter to an inmate.
You can also send inmates emails and receive emails from inmates through JPay. That said, there are "postage fees" you will have to pay for electronic communication. You must pay for a "stamp" for every page of text or attachment you send. "Stamps" can be purchased for the following prices:
- 10 - $2.50
- 30 - $7.25
- 60 - $13.50
- 100 - $17.00
Receiving emails from inmates costs the same as sending emails to inmates, but inmates can purchase one stamp for $0.25 each; they don't have to buy a minimum of 10 stamps to start sending electronic mail.
You can also send a pre-recorded video message to an inmate for the price of four "stamps." It’s an affordable way to stay in touch with your inmate.
You can't mail money to inmates directly, but you can send between $2 and $300 online or over the phone with JPay. Service fees for paying online range from $1.99 to $5.99, and you can expect to pay between $2.99 and $6.99 if you choose to send money to an inmate over the phone.
You can visit an incarcerated loved one at Attica Correctional Facility between the hours of 8:45 AM and 3:00 PM, but you can arrive no later than 2:00 PM. Other restrictions you should be aware of include:
- Inmates may have no more than two visits daily
- Inmates may not get weekend visits if they get more than one visit between Monday and Friday
- Inmates may not have more than three visitors plus one child under five years old visit at one time
- The child must remain seated on the lap of their parent or legal guardian
Receive Phone Calls
Once your application has been approved, you are put on your loved one's approved calling list, and you have prepaid for minutes, you can receive collect phone calls through Pigeonly.
Note: Inmates can only call loved ones at certain times, and you can't make calls to inmates.
How to Connect With an Incarcerated Loved One in Just Five Easy Steps
Whether you want to write a prisoner, visit an inmate, or talk to your loved one on the phone, getting in touch yourself isn't easy. You need to know the inmate's DOC number, the unit they are housed in, and the mailing address of the facility. Contrastingly, DoNotPay makes writing letters to inmates a breeze. You just have to follow five simple steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
See how easy that is? Use DoNotPay any time you need to find an inmate and connect with them.