How to Connect With an Inmate at the Atlanta USP
The is a medium security facility located in Fulton County, Georgia. The Atlanta USP houses over 2,200 offenders, which comprises 491 at the minimum security camp and over 1,700 at the main unit and detention center.
The Atlanta USP offers inmates several educational opportunities, including a GED program, English as a second language, and continuing adult education programs. Those who possess a GED can take vocational training in many areas to help their reintroduction into society.
Inmates in the Atlanta USP can be contacted in a few different ways. The most popular method is through sending and receiving mail. Many inmates keep in touch with pen pals from all over the country in this manner.
In this guide, we will walk you through the methods and procedures of contacting an inmate in the Atlanta USP. However, the most efficient method of corresponding with an inmate is through DoNotPay's integrated mail technology that lets you safely send letters to any prison straight from their app or website.
Atlanta USP Contact Information
The is located just five miles outside the downtown metro area, an approximately 15-minute drive. It is also accessible by MARTA (Atlanta mass transit system) which is about 0.6 miles from the facility.
|Atlanta USP||601 McDonough Blvd, SE
Atlanta, GA 30314
How to contact an inmate at the Atlanta USP
- Inmate mail
P.O. Box 150160
Atlanta, GA 30315
For those imprisoned at the Camp: USP Atlanta U.S. Penitentiary Satellite Camp P.O. Box 150160 Atlanta, GA 30315
- Phone calls: Inmates are allowed to initiate and pay for calls. However, in some cases, the receiving party may pay.
- Email: Inmates have access to the TRULINCS (Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System) application to exchange emails in a secured manner. Each person that an inmate will communicate with must first grant permission before receiving messages. Messages must be text only with no file attachments.
How to send money to an inmate at the Atlanta USP
Money can be sent to an inmate using the following methods:
- MoneyGram: This can be done in-person at a MoneyGram location or online. When sending funds online, enter the receive code 7932 or Federal Bureau of Prisons. You will need the inmate's eight-digit register number and full committed name.
- Western Union Send money online from this website. As above, you will need the inmate's register number and full committed name, and receive code of 7932. . The Code City is always FBOP, DC.
Funds are sent to the central processing location for deposit into the inmate's commissary account. Only money orders made out with the inmate's full committed name and complete eight-digit register number are accepted. Do not send personal checks, cash or any additional items. Mail the money order to the address below:
Federal Bureau of Prisons (Insert valid committed name and eight-digit register number) P.O. Box 474701 Des Moines, IA 50947-0001
How to send packages to an inmate at the Atlanta USP
Inmates may not receive packages from home without written approval from authorized staff members. The inmate may receive magazines, hard and paperback books directly from publishers.
How to visit an Atlanta USP inmate
Visits are granted to inmates based on the fifth digit of the inmate's register number. Contact the facility to confirm when the inmate is allowed to receive visitors.
Visiting hours for inmates are as follows:
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and federally recognized holidays from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Inmates at the Camp have visitation on Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Inmates are allowed up to five visits per month. They may have a maximum of four visitors during a single session.
Difficulties you may have contacting a loved one at the Atlanta USP
- The cost of collect calls from the inmate can add up quickly.
- Your mail correspondence to the inmate can easily get lost in the system of thousands of other letters. If you make even one small mistake in the ID and location, it won't reach the inmate.
- Visitation can be challenging with COVID restrictions.
Contact your loved one at the Atlanta USP via DoNotPay
DoNotPay offers an easy, stress-free way to contact a loved one in the prison system with an innovative Connect with an Inmate service.
- DoNotPay walks you through their step-by-step process to send correspondence to the inmate.
- The inmate ID or booking number, name of the prison, and the unit they are housed in is all that's needed.
- The platform is completely web-based to easily send messages and upload attachments.
- You can select customized letter templates, including those for special occasions.
DoNotPay can help you locate your imprisoned friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
H2: What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with many other situations with their easy-to-follow, comprehensive guides.
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Deal with credit cards issues
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Apply for clinical trials
- Get refunds from other companies
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stop text spam
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
With DoNotPay's innovative platform, we help you cut through bureaucratic red tape, find you money, and resolve many common administrative issues. Rather than trudging through pages of confusing information and instructions, DoNotPay streamlines the process to get you fast results.