Marriage Certificates: How to Get a Copy of an Arizona Marriage Certificate
Getting married is one of the most exciting and stressful times of your life. There are so many details that you have to work out from setting the wedding date through to the honeymoon, it's hard to keep track of it all. One of the most important things that you need to do after your wedding ceremony is to obtain a copy of your Arizona Marriage Certificate. This important document is key to managing your life after marriage.
If your wedding is coming up, you have a lot going on and you need a little help to make sure your wedding goes smoothly. You also want to make sure your marriage certificate is completed properly and filed correctly whether you do it online or in-person. Don't worry about filling out a marriage certificate yourself or trying to apply online for a marriage certificate. DoNotPay offers a fast and easy way to get your marriage certificate documents.
What's the Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License?
Before you walk down the aisle with your beloved, you need to prepare for your legal union. That means acquiring a marriage license and then a marriage certificate. You must understand the difference between the two so you can proceed accordingly.
Arizona Marriage License
This marriage record is a legal document that gives permission for the parties listed on the document to get married in Arizona. The information contained in Marriage Records include:
- Full legal names of the individuals getting married, each individual's age, and current marital status.
- Names of the parents of the individuals named on the marriage licence.
- The date the wedding ceremony was performed.
- The Arizona County where the marriage license was issued.
- The Arizona marriage license number.
Once the wedding ceremony is complete the officiant must tear off the bottom half of the marriage license and deliver or mail it to the county clerk's office. This must take place within 30 days of the ceremony.
Arizona Marriage Certificate
Once a marriage license has been returned with the appropriate information, the State of Arizona will issue an . This marriage document proves that the individuals are married according to Arizona law. The details contained on a Marriage Certificate include:
- Full names of the newly married individuals.
- State and county where the marriage occurred.
- Date of marriage ceremony.
- Names and signatures of the wedding ceremony witnesses.
- Name of officiant who performed the wedding ceremony.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Arizona?
It's not exactly easy to get marriage records in the State of Arizona because they're considered closed records due to the detailed personal information they contain. Due to the sensitivity of the information in these records, public access to them is generally restricted except for individuals eligible to access them. To get a marriage certificate copy in Arizona must meet three important criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Show a valid government-issued ID card.
- Provide a valid Social Security Number.
You also need to know certain information about the marriage record including:
- Names of the parties listed on the marriage record.
- County and state when the parties were married.
- The date, month, and year of the wedding ceremony.
- The Arizona marriage license number
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Arizona?
|Application Fee||$83.00 (paid before you can get married)|
|Copy of Certificate||$30 (paid once marriage is legally filed)|
|Processing Fee||$7.00 (per copy of certificate)|
If you're ordering a copy of a marriage certificate, and you don't have all the required information, an additional $3 fee may apply.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Arizona?
Once you place an order for a copy of a marriage certificate in Arizona, it usually takes around two weeks for it to be mailed to you. However, it really depends upon which county you're looking for records in. If it's a particularly large county, or if your records are difficult to locate, it can take substantially longer.
How to Get a Copy of an Arizona Marriage Certificate on Your Own
In Arizona, records like marriage certificates aren't kept in a central location and the county you're married in is responsible for maintaining your marriage records. That means you'll have to contact the county directly in order to learn how to access your records. The requirements for obtaining a copy of anyone's marriage records, including your own, are virtually the same, however. You'll need:
- A Valid Government-Issued ID
- A Social Security Number
- The Name of the Groom
- The Name the Bride
- County in Arizona the Wedding Took Place
- Date of the Marriage Ceremony
- Marriage License Number
- The Appropriate Fees
You may be able to order copies of your marriage certificate and other documents online in most cases. However, to get records from some Arizona counties, you'll need to go to the records department in person. It's advisable to call ahead to inquire about your county's requirements.
Having Trouble Getting a Marriage Certificate Copy on Your Own?
One of the biggest problems with Arizona's vital records is that each county controls marriage record access. If you need to order records from a county that doesn't provide online access, you'll have to physically go to the location to complete your request. Or, maybe you can mail in a request and wait for a response. You could end up spending a lot of time and energy getting nowhere. But, don't worry, help is here.
Get Marriage Certificates in Arizona Easily with the Help of DoNotPay
You don't have time to drive all over the state looking for copies of marriage records, but you need them in order to take care of your family business. If you're lucky, the county offers a mail-in request option, or even better, an online marriage record ordering system. But, the best, fastest way to get your marriage certificates in Arizona is with DoNotPay. In 7 easy steps, your records will be on the way:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct Image:
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
You need your marriage certificate so you and your new spouse can get established. But, you don't have a lot of time or energy to devote to tracking down copies of your marriage records. DoNotPay takes care of everything, so you can enjoy your honeymoon:
- Convenient—You don't have to drive all over Arizona, trying to locate a county vital records office.
- Simple—DoNotPay makes it easy for you to provide all the necessary information to get your records.
- Secure—When you order a copy of your marriage certificate through DoNotPay you're completely safe.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do much more than order your marriage certificate and other marriage records in Arizona. It's the world's first robot lawyer, and it can take care of a huge variety of legal issues for you including:
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Child Travel Consent Form
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Create Passport Photos
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Free Raffle Tickets
- And much, much more…
Once you try DoNotPay, you'll come to realize that it's your go-to solution for all kinds of things you didn't even know you needed help with. From resolving legal issues to taking care of daily and monthly tasks, DoNotPay is your new life partner!