How to Connect With an Inmate at the Anna M Kross Center, NYC
The Anna M. Kross Center is a 40-acre city jail on Rikers Island in New York. The New York City Department of Corrections uses the facility to house adult male inmates. It currently houses around 2,300 inmates monthly with a maximum capacity of 2,988. It was formerly known as C-95 and is also sometimes called AMKC. As the largest prison on Rikers Island, it also has Methadone detox and mental health centers.
Inmate visitations are organized at the facility based on the first letter of the inmate's last name, and you'll receive a visitation schedule when put on the approved visitor list. Inmates are also allowed to make outgoing phone calls, though no incoming phone calls are allowed.
One of the best ways to communicate with an inmate at AMKC is to write them a letter. You must adhere to the city jail's strict communication guidelines to ensure the inmate at the Anna M Kross Center receives your mail. You can also use DoNotPay's automated inmate mail service to help make the process easier and faster.
What Is the Contact Information For the Anna M Kross Center?
|Physical Address||Anna M. Kross Center
18-18 Hazen Street
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
|Hours of Operations||Specific Days||Registration for Visitation Hours||Visitation Hours|
|Monday and Tuesday||No Registrations||No Visitations|
|Wednesday and Thursday||1:00 pm - 8:00 pm||1:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Friday, Saturday, and Sunday||7:00 am - 2:00 pm||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Website||NYC Government Facilities|
|Phone Number||(718)-546-3550 Jail Type City Jail County Queens County|
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate Name, ID Number
Anna M. Kross Center
18-18 Hazen Street
East Elmhurst, NY 11370
Traveling to the Anna M Kross Center on Rikers Island by car will take you around 90 minutes from Manhattan. You can also take bus line Q100 from Flushing in Queens, which takes around an hour to reach a stop near the jail.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One at AMKC in NYC
Whether you have a prison pen pal or a loved one currently being held at AMKC, communicating with them is important. Support from the outside can have a positive impact on an inmate and help them cope with their jail term. However, keeping that connection isn't always easy.
You may run into difficulties such as:
- Trouble arranging visits. There are few public transportation options to help you reach the remote facility. There is a single bus line that stops near the facility. Otherwise, you will need to either have a vehicle of your own or pay for a cab. There are no visitations on Mondays or Tuesdays, which can limit your available time to see your loved one in person.
- Difficulty getting phone calls. The facility allows inmates to take 21 minutes worth of phone calls every three hours. These calls can be expensive, and it may be difficult for the inmate to access a phone, depending on how many inmates are currently in holding.
- Simple mistakes can lead to missed communication. You have to get the inmate's ID number and facility name exactly right when addressing a letter to an inmate. The letter may not make it to your loved one if you don't.
It's certainly possible to contact your loved one by following the strict guidelines and policies the Anna M Kross Center laid out. However, one small error on your part could mean a lack of communication with the outside world for your loved one. You can help eliminate the risk of errors and use DoNotPay's convenient, fast Connect With an Inmate service instead.
DoNotPay Can Help You Communicate With Your Imprisoned Loved One or Friend
DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate tool does all the work for you when you want to write letters to inmates. To use this tool, you'll simply access your DoNotPay account, then:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
And that's it. You'll be able to send and receive letters to your loved one or friend currently held in the Anna M Kross Center. It's the easiest way to continue communicating with your loved ones and letting them know their support network is waiting for them.
Can DoNotPay Assist Me With My Other Inquiries?
DoNotPay can also help answer any questions you may have such as:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a variety of services that can help you with all those tasks on your to-do list, including:
- Filing a lawsuit in small claims court
- Applying for clinical trials
- Canceling subscriptions after the free trial period
- Contesting unfair parking tickets
- Getting a refund for a delayed or canceled flight
And so much more. Sign up for your DoNotPay account today to explore how this automated service can make your life a little easier.