Everything About The Algoa Correctional Center
Located in the capital of Missouri, Jefferson City, houses about 1,500 male minimum-security inmates.
If you wish to connect with an inmate at Algoa Correctional Center, this article identifies acceptable methods of communication for the facility. It also discusses DoNotPay and the Connect With An Inmate product, which allows you to connect with an inmate at Algoa Correctional Center or any facility nationwide.
Where Algoa Correctional Center Is Located
Algoa is located just 15 minutes from the state capital building via US 50 East. The facility has been in operation since 1932.
|Physical Address||8501 No More Victims Road Jefferson City, MO 65101|
How To Connect With Inmates At Algoa Correctional Center By Yourself
If you wish to connect with an inmate, you will need to know which facility they are located in. Here are the steps for locating an inmate and their identification number if they are incarcerated in the state of Missouri.
- Go online to the Missouri Department of Corrections (MODOC) website
- Enter the inmate's first and last name
- If the inmate is in a state facility this should tell you which one and their offender ID number.
If your offender is in a federal facility you will need to go on the federal inmate lookup site. For county or city jail inmates you will have to search the inmate lookup for that area.
Read on to see how DoNotPay can simplify the whole process.
Inmates at ACC are not allowed to receive phone calls but they are allowed to make them if their status is not restricted.
All calls must be made collect, debit, or prepaid. Inmates can purchase phone time in the canteen or you can make an account with Securus to allow calls by calling 1(800)844-6591 or go to the website, securustech.net. All phone calls are monitored and recorded.
The Missouri Department of Corrections encourages mail correspondence. Inmates are allowed to receive handwritten or typed letters which can include up to five enclosures. Photos are allowed to be mailed but they must be mailed separately. Photos must be 4x6 and they cannot be Polaroid or instant pictures. They may not contain nudity, tattoos, or hand gestures such as gang signs. Mail cannot include stamps, envelopes, paper or any other items as these must be purchased from the canteen.
Address must include the inmate's name, ID number, and housing unit if available. Here’s how to address the envelope:
Inmate Name, Inmate ID Number
Algoa Correctional Center
8501 No More Victims Road
Jefferson City, MO 65101
If you want to visit an inmate that is housed at ACC you will need to submit an application. The inmate will let you know if your application is approved. Inmates are allowed to have up to 20 people on their approved visitor list.
Visiting hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9:30 AM until 1:30 PM and from 2:30 PM until 6:30 PM.
Visitors should bring nothing inside except a photo ID, car key, and money for vending machines. All visitors will be searched, will pass through a metal detector and electronic detection devices will be in use to detect narcotics or weapons. There may be K9s patrolling and all vehicles on the property are subject to being searched if necessary.
Inmates have an account with funds that can be used to buy comfort items like snacks, art supplies, and toiletries. There are three ways to send funds to an inmate at Algoa Correctional Center.
- Online - Inmates can receive electronic deposits via Access Corrections.
- Phone - You can make a deposit by phone by calling (866) 345-1884
- Mail - If you wish to make a deposit by mail, you must request an inmate deposit slip from the inmate. Send the deposit slip and a US Postal Service money order made payable to the Missouri Department Of Corrections. Be sure to also include the inmate's name and inmate ID number. Mail to:
Offender Finance Office
Missouri Department of Corrections
PO Box 1609
Jefferson City, MO 65102
What Else Can Inmates Receive?
Inmates can receive books or magazines but they must arrive directly from a reputable vendor such as Amazon.
Using DoNotPay To Locate And Connect With Inmates The Easier Way
The works in three ways to help you make and maintain an inmate connection. The product will assist you in locating which facility they are in, print and send letters on your behalf, and it will receive letters and relay them to you digitally. Here’s how it works:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Why You Should Use DoNotPay To Connect With Inmates
All of the tasks these products handle, they handle quickly, easily, and successfully. Take the guesswork out of making a connection. When you use the products of DoNotPay, you can stop trying to do things and get them done. Here are some of the other articles from the Connect With An Inmate product series.
DoNotPay Works With Any Facility Nationwide
If your inmate was relocated and is not at ACC, the product can still assist you in connecting with them. The product works across every state and every facility. It checks state facilities, federal facilities, and even county and city jails. The product works at any facility nationwide with just the inmate's name and the state they are incarcerated in.
What Else Does DoNotPay Do?
There is not enough space to list all of the things that DoNotPay can do on your behalf. The range of products available is very impressive. Here is a sampling of the other product series DoNotPay offers. You are sure to find even more ways to save.
- Text Spam
- Credit Cards
- Clinical Trials
- Speeding Tickets
- Burner Phones
- Missing Money
- Spam Collector
- Free Trials
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Customer Service
- Robocall Compensation
- DMV Appointments
- Airline Flight Compensation