How to Appeal Your Zillow Fees Hassle-Free
Zillow is an online real estate market company that shows available and recently sold houses, apartments, and land parcels. You can browse houses for sale as well as rentals in your area when you're looking for a new home. Like most platforms, though, you’ll also encounter . They also offer a tool called "Zestimate" that provides information about current home values and public information such as property taxes and nearby school ratings.
People can use Zillow to list their own properties for sale or rent, as well as initiate rental agreements or start the homebuying process. However, although browsing is free, following through with some of these services has associated fees.
This guide will walk you through the most common Zillow fees and what each one costs. It will also give you options to fight and waive fees incurred when using Zillow with DoNotPay's help. We can also help you with cryptocurrency problems like Coinbase fees or Robinhood fees.
How Much Does Zillow Charge Per Transaction?
As a home buyer or renter, if you are just beginning the process of looking at homes to rent or buy with Zillow, it's completely free to use. If you are a homebuyer or are listing your home for sale on Zillow, you will not pay fees. However, the way Zillow allows people to list their homes for free is by having you agree to let them sell your information. Therefore, you will receive a lot of phone calls and emails from prospective agents and lending companies wanting to work with you.
As a renter or someone listing their property for rent, Zillow services are not free to use. If you are listing a property for rent for the first time, your listing is free for 30 days. After 30 days, or for any subsequent listings, the fees are:
|In Alaska, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, and West Virginia:
|$4.99 per property, per week
|In all other states:
|$9.99 per property, per week
As a renter looking for properties on Zillow, there are service fees you will pay to use Zillow tools. They include:
- A one-time $29 fee to apply for a rental property. This fee allows you to apply to an unlimited number of properties for 30 days.
- A 2.95% processing fee to pay Online Rent Payments by credit card
- A $9.95 convenience fee to pay Online Rent Payments by debit card
After some time, these fees may add up, especially if your landlord requires you to pay rent using Zillow's Online Rent Payment tool. You might even have to deal with PayPal fees if that's how you pay your rent. Living with these fees doesn't need to be a given. Below are a few ways to contact the company and try to dispute paying on your own.
How To Fight Zillow Fees On Your Own
If you're tired of paying high fees for Zillow services, you can contact Zillow to dispute them by using any of the following:
- The Zillow Help Center has answers to many questions you may have about the fees you pay and what they go towards.
- Zillow Customer Service can be reached at: (206) 470-7000
- You can write a complaint letter to Zillow headquarters at: 1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31, Seattle, WA 98101
If you feel these options won't help you meet your goal of fighting and waiving fees, you don't need to worry. DoNotPay has a product that can take out the hard work of disputing fees. You simply provide us with a little information and we will contact Zillow on your behalf to try and get them to waive your fees.
DoNotPay Can Help
While paying fees is something many of us have come to accept as a normal part of our lives, whether fees for eBay, Etsy fees, or for your Chase checking account, they can add up to a major expense over time. There's no harm in trying to get out of paying excessive fees for everyday services. Using DoNotPay to help fight and waive fees can take away the stress and frustration of trying to talk a company out of charging you fees on your own.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
DoNotPay can help you quickly, easily, and successfully fight Zillow fees and possibly even get you a refund on fees you have already paid. DoNotPay has years of experience helping their customers deal with real estate issues. We can also help you fight HOA fees, reduce your property taxes, fight brokerage fees, and lower your mortgage payments.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you fight and waive things like Shopify fees, DoNotPay has many incredible products and services to help simplify your life. We can take the hard work out of everyday issues such as:
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Contact embassies and consulates
- Notarize any document
- Complete standardized legal documents
- Create passport photos
- Earn airline flight compensation
- Appeal banned accounts
- File a complaint against any company
- Fight American Airlines baggage fees
- Appeal Spirit Airlines baggage fees
Sign up for DoNotPay today and get started on tackling these issues without the hassle!