How to Get Your Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees Waived
Many sites have small fees that add up, whether it be retail sites like Etsy or financial sites like PayPal. Getting fees waived from your homeowner's association or eBay would save you a lot of money over time.
DoNotPay can waive fees on sites like Shopify as easily as they can on sites like Coinbase. This article will explain the type of baggage fees charged by Spirit Airlines, when you might need to fight to get a fee waived, and how DoNotPay can help you with that fight quickly and easily.
What Are Baggage Fees?
Airlines often limit the amount of baggage you can carry on the plane and charge you for any luggage not brought with you. With some airlines now charging for carry-on luggage, hidden baggage costs may quickly mount up to a significant portion of your flight's overall cost. The cost of a checked luggage varies depending on its weight. To make matters even more complicated, these charges might differ depending on where you're going to and from.
How to Avoid Baggage Fees
Flying isn't inexpensive in the first place, but fees for checked baggage may quickly spiral out of hand. This is especially true if you're traveling with a spouse and children and because checked baggage costs apply on both ends of the journey—to and from your destination.
Fortunately, if you do some basic research and have a strategy in mind, you may avoid paying baggage fees. Usually, you either need to use airline miles for frequent flying or have a higher-priced ticket to avoid baggage fees.
Overview of Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees
The baggage fees for Spirit Airlines are as follows:
|Carry on bag||$31 (standard fare while booking), $40 (Nine dollar fare club while booking), $41 (Before online check-in, standard fare), $50 (Nine dollar fare club, before online check-in)|
|First checked bag||$26 (standard fare while booking), $35 (Nine dollar fare club while booking), $36 (Before online check-in, standard fare), $45 (Nine dollar fare club, before online check-in)|
|Second checked bag||$36 (standard fare while booking), $45 (Nine dollar fare club while booking), $46 (Before online check-in, standard fare). $54 (Nine dollar fare club, before online check-in)|
|Third to the fifth checked bag||$81 (standard fare while booking), $90 (Nine dollar fare club while booking), $91(Before online check-in, standard fare), $100 (Nine dollar fare club, before online check-in)|
How to Waive Spirit Airline Baggage Fees by Yourself
There are a variety of ways you could try to get Owning.com fees waived, such as:
- Pack something small that will fit under your seat.
- Bring military documentation. (Spirit Airlines offers one free carry-on and two free checked bags for military members on active duty.)
- Use credit card points to offset the baggage fees.
All of these steps have problems, however. First, it is unlikely that you will be able to pack for an entire vacation with something that will fit under your seat.
Free fees for active military service are nice, but most people are not in the military. And the credit card point you'd have to earn to offset the fees will probably be as expensive as the fees in the long run.
There has to be a better way.
Next Steps to Waive Spirit Airline Baggage Fees if You Can’t Do It Yourself
Luckily DoNotPay can help you waive baggage fees from Spirit Airlines and other services you use. You don't have to rack up credit card points or stuff everything you own under your seat; DoNotPay makes it fast and easy.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
1. Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
2. Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
3. Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay to Waive Your Spirit Airline Baggage Fees
You may want to waive your baggage fees for Spirit Airlines but not stuff everything you own under the seat. Luckily, DoNotPay has a quick and easy solution.
- Fast: You don't have to spend your credit card points to get your fees waived. Just give some details to DoNotPay, and we do the rest.
- Easy: We deal with any questions in waiving your fees, so you don't have to.
- Successful: We've helped thousands of people waive their fees, and we can help you.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups with the Click of a Button.
DoNotPay can help you with other problems you have as well, including:
- DoNotPay can help opt-out of junk mail for Verizon the same way we can help with Capital One, Geico, Spectrum, and more.
- DoNotPay can help appeal fees with Chase the same way it can with Bank of America, PNC Bank, and Capital One
- Or it can help you fight rent increases in Kentucky, California, New York
- Or it can help you generate a demand letter in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
- DoNotPay can help file a police report for identity theft in any city.
- It can also help you set up fraud alerts on all major credit bureaus.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- We can help you set up a mailing service.
- We can stop spam texts.
- We can help update your spam collector
- We can help you file a formal complaint.
- We can help you discover and apply for college scholarships.
- We can notarize any document.
- We can assist you in reducing your property taxes.
- We can help you write standard legal documents.
And so much more. Why be frustrated? Use DoNotPay today and have your fees waived quickly and easily.