Regain Access To Your WoW Account Easily
is every World of Warcraft player's worst nightmare. Once they break into a Battle.net account, WoW hackers are notorious for looting your gold, stealing the most valuable gear, and even moving your characters to a different realm.
The popularity of World of Warcraft has made battle.net a major target for cybercriminals. Selling these in-game assets can earn them plenty of money in the real world, which is why they go to great lengths to kick users out of their WoW profiles.
But the good news is that there are ways to , especially if you act quickly.
How Do You Know If Your WoW Account Has Been Hacked?
Any activity on your profile that you're not responsible for is a major red flag that your account has been compromised. The biggest signs are:
- Getting an alert that someone is trying to change the email address associated with your Battle.net profile
- Your characters are "naked,” without the gear and other items they should have
- Some of the characters themselves are missing
- You can't log in with your password even though you know it's definitely correct
What To Do If Your WoW Account Has Been Hacked
As soon as you notice any kind of suspicious behavior on your Battle.net profile, take steps to change your password and try to secure the account.
Unfortunately, the hackers will be actively trying to change all the security settings on your account, including the email address associated with your profile. This allows them to pretty much lock you out.
How To Recover Your WoW Account If You Can Still Log In
- Head to the dashboard, choose Account from the top menu
- Click on Settings, then choose Change Password from the drop-down options
- You'll be prompted to enter your current password to confirm your identity,
- Enter the new password, choosing a combination of letters and symbols to make it stronger, and then hit Save
- Change the password for the email address associated with your account as well, since it may be compromised
How To Recover Your WoW Account If The Password Has Already Been Changed
- If the hackers managed to change the password, try to change it back by clicking "Can't Log In" on the sign-in page
- On the next page, choose the first option that says "I don't know my password"
- You'll be prompted to enter the e-mail address associated with the account you're having problems accessing
- You'll be asked to answer at least two security questions
- Assuming you can remember the answers and regain access to the account, change the password using the steps described above
What Happens If You Still Can't Access Your WoW Account
Players that aren't successful with the "Can't Log In" process may find themselves in a tough spot. That means you either don't remember the answers to your security questions or the hackers have gone so far as to change them.
It's also common for WoW players with a compromised account to enter their e-mail address and receive the dreaded "Account is not found" message. This is a sign that the hackers have successfully switched your Battle.net profile over to a new email address, which makes them a lot harder to track.
In any of these scenarios, the only way to recover your account is to reach out to Blizzard Entertainment, the company that owns World of Warcraft.
- Create a new Battle.net account for the purposes of being able to communicate with Blizzard
- Submit a help ticket explaining that your real WoW account has been hacked.
- Blizzard's team will ask you to confirm your identity by sending them a photo of your ID alongside a newspaper with the current date
At this point, Blizzard will review the account activities to investigate whether it has been hacked and should be restored to you.
How To Recover Your Hacked WoW Account Using DoNotPay
is devastating, especially for long-term WoW players. All the time and money you've invested in the game is potentially at risk, and you may have to start over from scratch. You're also dealing with the possibility of some personal data being stolen, which comes with another set of complications.
If you haven't been able to and you're not sure what to do about it, count on the virtual lawyer on your smartphone or laptop. DoNotPay has created a simple and straightforward Recover Hacked Accounts tool that helps users navigate this stressful situation as conveniently as possible.
If you want to recover your gaming account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay Can Recover Other Hacked Accounts
Click below to view our other recovery services by platform:
Why You Should Use DoNotPay To Recover Your Hacked WoW account
The world's first robot lawyer uses artificial intelligence to make life easier and more convenient in a wide range of situations, including when you're dealing with a serious hack.
If you're having a hard time recovering your Battle.net account, DoNotPay can make the process much easier with just a few clicks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
This nifty legal app can help you solve a wide range of problems with much less hassle. Download DoNotPay for dozens of useful tools that make life easier, such as:
- Create a Freedom of Information request
- Recover any items you lost at the airport
- Cancel a wide variety of subscription services
- Request a refund from Uber Eats
- Report your landlord for tax evasion
- Draft a legally-binding Power of Attorney
Discover all the ways that DoNotPay can help you save money, save time or save the hassle by signing up today!