How To Recover Your Hacked Snapchat Account Easily
If your Snapchat account has been taken over by hackers, you're not alone. Snapchat's popularity around the world has made this trendy social network a major target for cybercriminals. Once they take over, your private data is in danger, and it's also possible for your account to get deleted because of the hacker's activities.
Luckily, there are ways to get your account back safe and sound, especially if you act fast. Read on to learn the best methods to recover a hacked Snapchat account and how DoNotPay can help you make it happen.
How Do You Know If Your Snapchat Account Was Hacked?
The tell-tale signs that your account has been hacked can include pretty much any activity on your Snapchat that you didn't do. The most suspicious behaviors to watch out for include:
- An alert that someone has accessed your account from a new IP address, location, or device
- Getting notified that the phone number or email address associated with your account has been changed
- Unknown contacts being added to your list
- You keep getting kicked out of the app and then have to log back in
- Friends and family let you know they're getting spam messages from your username, sometimes asking them to send money or provide sensitive information
- You can't log in even though you know it's the right password
What To Do If Your Snapchat Account Was Hacked
Once you notice any signs that your Snapchat account has been hacked, it's important to spring into action. You should immediately take steps to secure your account, especially by changing your password.
Of course, sometimes it will already be too late. Hackers are notorious for trying to change the password once they gain access to an account, and they often succeed. This is when it becomes potentially more complicated to recover a hacked Snapchat account, although DoNotPay can still help.
How To Recover Your Snapchat Account If You're Still Able To Log In
- Tap on the gear icon to reach Settings.
- Check that the phone number and email address associated with your username haven't been changed.
- Tap Password and enter the current password to confirm your identity, then change it to a new one. You may want to use a secure password service like Google Password Manager to help you create an extra-strong password.
- The hacker likely knows your password and may have access to your email address, so you should immediately change that password as well.
How To Recover Your Snapchat Account If The Hacker Changed Your Password
- If the hacker has already locked you out, tap "Forgotten Password" to try getting in that way.
- Snapchat will offer either your phone number or email for resetting your password and you may want to choose the phone since it's less likely to be compromised.
- If you go for the phone option, Snapchat will administer a Captcha test and then text you the security code. If you opt for getting an email then you will receive a link.
- Snapchat will direct you to a new page that allows you to change the password. You may want to use a secure password service like Google Password Manager to help you create an extra-strong password.
- You should also secure the email address associated with your Snapchat, especially if they use the same password.
What To Do If You Still Can't Get In
If you can't access your Snapchat account using the "Forgot Password" method, that means hackers have already swooped in and changed the settings of your email address and phone number. At this point, the only way to recover your hacked account is to get help from the Snapchat support team.
- Go to the Snapchat Help page, click on Safety, and then on "Report a Safety Concern"
- Select "I think my account was compromised"
- Snapchat will ask you to provide important information like your username, the email address and phone number previously associated with your account, and any details about how you know you're hacked
- Complete the Captcha test and hit Submit
The Snapchat team will review your account and then contact your email address if they need to ask for more information. Unfortunately, you do need Snapchat's intervention to get your account back, so now you have to wait for a response.
Recover Your Hacked Snapchat Account With The Help Of DoNotPay
Losing your Snapchat account to a hacker is a very stressful and invasive experience. It means cybercriminals have access to a great deal of personal information, including the credit or debit card you may have on file to use Snapchat's Cash App functionality.
Social media networks are responsible for keeping the private information of their users safe. If you've tried everything and still can't recover your account, DoNotPay can contact Snapchat on your behalf to apply legal pressure and make sure they help you.
How to recover your hacked Snapchat account using DoNotPay
If you want to recover your Snapchat account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
We make the process quick, easy, and successful!
Count on the virtual lawyer on your smartphone or laptop to help you navigate the stressful experience of getting hacked!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There are so many problems you can solve with the help of this nifty legal app. Here are just a few of the situations that DoNotPay can help you with:
- File a Freedom of Information request
- Recover items you lost at an airport
- Cancel any type of subscription service
- Get a refund from Uber Eats
- Report a landlord for evading taxes
- Draft a Power of Attorney