Can I Report My Landlord For Tax Evasion?
Reports indicate a considerable tax gap between the amounts of tax each American owes the government and the amount of taxes the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) collects from businesses. Am I eligible to report my landlord for tax evasion as a tenant? This is one of the questions tenants may ask themselves more frequently when they are suspicious of tax fraud. There is no doubt that reporting tax fraud is the best way to help the state curb the behavior. You can solve the situation by reporting if you suspect that your landlord violates tax laws.
According to the IRS Fiscal Year report of 2020, the government lost approximately $2.3 billion due to tax evasion. A considerable amount of that tax gap is because of rental property owners who find their ways to manipulate figures and evade tax obligations. The federal government permits each individual, including tenants, to report any tax evasion by their landlords.
If you have concrete evidence to support your tax evasion claim, then the DoNotPay tax fraud product is designed for you.
If You Report Your Landlord For Tax Evasion, Will They Be Able To Find Out It Was You?
Nobody is pleased with paying more than their fair tax share to cover up those who evade their obligations. Landlords have no reason to fail to adhere to the tax law that requires them to give up a portion of their revenue towards nation-building.
You are secured as a whistleblower by the tax return confidentiality law under IRC 6103. There is thus no way for the landlord to know that you reported them to the Internal Revenue Service for tax evasion, provided you do not let anyone know you are making a report.
How To Report The Landlord For Not Paying Taxes On Rental Property
|Reporting Tax Fraud Using IRS form||As this article has stated earlier, all incidents of tax fraud are reported to the IRS. The commission does not take tax policy violation referrals over the phone. Thus, making a phone call is not recommended. Download Form 3949-A, Information Referral PDF, to file a tax evasion report by your landlord.
The HMRC will secure your details when you file a tax fraud report; hence, you will be able to receive progress updates because of tax return confidentiality under IRC 6103.
|Reporting Tax Fraud Using a Letter||Alternatively, you may send a detailed letter instead of using Form 3949-A. In the letter include information such as:
Giving a tax evasion report can also earn you a reward. To claim your reward for information about tax evasion, use Form 211, Application for Award for Original Information PDF.
Even if you are sure that the fraud incident happened, reporting your landlord for tax evasion is not an easy action to take, given the potential for retaliation. However, there is no reason to worry as DoNotPay acts as an intermediary to help you report tax fraud without any consequences attached. The DNP can help you regardless of your location. It can help you in NYS as much as it can in California. Moreover, this product can help you report someone claiming your child on their taxes.
Reporting Landlord's Tax Evasion With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay tax fraud product assists you to report any business or someone, including your landlord, for any suspicious tax law violation effortlessly and earn cash rewards of up to 30% of the money the IRS collects. You only need to answer a few queries about the landlord and the suspected activity to enable you to use DNP to file an official IRS report.
Here is how to report your landlord for tax evasion using our product:
- Open the DoNotPay Report Tax Fraud product.
- Enter the business you would like to report for tax fraud.
- Provide the details of suspicious activity and as much evidence as you can provide.
- Confirm your contact information.
- DoNotPay will automatically generate the official report and send it on your behalf. The IRS will contact you regarding cash rewards once the case is investigated.
Why Use DoNotPay to Report Your Landlord's Tax Evasion?
Apart from helping you save time which is a primary area of concern when filing a report, here is why you should make DoNotPay's tax fraud product your priority:
- It is Fast. Using DoNotPay's product enables you to spend less time assisting the IRS by giving information about tax fraud.
- It is Successful. DoNotPay’s tax fraud product has a high reputation for successful services. You can rest assured that we'll make every possible effort to ensure that your report has gone through.
- It is Easy. Through DoNotPay, you are free from the struggles of filling out tedious forms or keeping track of all the steps involved in reporting tax fraud.
- It is Private. DoNotPay is private and secure; thus, your confidentiality is assured as well as the IRS filing report. Feel comfortable using the product because nobody, not even your landlord, will know you've submitted a report.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from helping you report tax fraud activities, DoNotPay can also
- Acquire refunds from companies
- Help you file a complaint
- Making warranty claims
- Reducing property taxes
- Get a temporary phone number to safeguard your privacy
- Fight workplace discrimination
Sign up with DoNotPay’s tax fraud product to learn more about what we can do for you!