How To Recover Your Hacked Spotify Account In 3 Easy Steps
These days, there are services for just about anything you could need. Most people are signed up with various accounts for things like watching movies, listening to music, or chatting with others. If your was hacked, you might be wondering what your next steps are.
First, you want to avoid using the same password in multiple places. If you do that and one account that uses it gets hacked, every account you used that password for is now susceptible to hacking as well. If you do get hacked, you will have to prove to the company that you are the true owner of the account.
Trying to prove that you created the account can be a long and tedious process. If you would like to avoid this, reach out to DoNotPay, and we can handle it for you.
What To Do If Your Spotify Account Was Hacked
If your , there are a few things you can do.
Still Have Access to Account
- Start by resetting your password in a private/incognito window: Make sure to pick a strong password you are not using anywhere else. Also, change the password for anything connected to your account like Facebook, Apple, or email.
- everywhere: You can do this by logging on to your account page, scrolling down, and clicking Sign Out Everywhere. Note that this can take up to an hour to take full effect.
- Go over your third-party connections: While you're on the account page, go to Apps to see what is connected to your account. Go through and Remove Access on everything. If you want, you can reconnect them later.
- If you are connected to Facebook through Spotify, you will need to disconnect from your Facebook account under Social in settings. Change your Facebook password before reconnecting it to Spotify.
- Once all this is done, you can log back into Spotify and reconnect any apps you desire.
Can't Access Account
- Unfortunately, if you can't access your account, there isn't anything you can personally do.
- Instead, you need to contact Spotify.
- They will collect information from you to prove it is your account and get you reinstated.
Lost Something on Account
- If you can access your account but notice things are missing, there is something you can do.
- Contact Spotify, and they can run you through the process of retrieving your lost items.
- They recommend you have a screenshot of your Spotify receipt or bank statements, but ensure it doesn't have your full credit card number, 3-digit code, or expiration date.
How to Tell if Your Spotify Account Was Hacked
Spotify recommends looking out for the following things to see if your account was hacked.
- Your password no longer works.
- You have playlists you didn't add or are missing playlists.
- There is music playing that you aren't controlling.
- There is an additional Facebook account connected to your Spotify account.
- Your listed email address is different.
- The most recent music you played doesn't match up with what you remember playing.
- Your subscription is different.
- You have received emails about logins you don't recognize.
What to Do if Your Spotify Username/Password Has Been Changed
If you cannot access Spotify due to your password or username being changed, there are a few things you should do.
- Contact Spotify, and they will work with you to get you back in.
- If you have a paid subscription with Spotify, reach out to your bank or credit card company to stop transactions.
- If you set up a second backup email address, you may be able to go to that email address and recover your account from there.
Get Your Spotify Account Back With the Help of DoNotPay
If you don't want to go through the tiresome process of reaching out to Spotify to get back into your account, let DoNotPay do it for you.
If you want to recover your Spotify account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in three easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
Here are examples of other accounts we can help get you back into.
Why Use DoNotPay to Regain Access to Spotify
Trying to regain access to Spotify on your own can be a frustrating and tedious process. Instead, there are many reasons why you should let DoNotPay handle it for you.
- It's fast You only spend a little time entering information.
- It's easy You give us information, and we do the rest.
- It's successful You can rest assured that DoNotPay will get you access to your Spotify account.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Getting you access to your Spotify account is just one of the many things we can do for you. We work with many companies/entities and can perform various tasks. Here are some examples.
- DoNotPay can recover access to your Amazon account, just like it can for Spotify.
- We can get your birth certificate from Kentucky as well as from Idaho.
- We can appeal a banned account.
- We can help you file a complaint.
Getting locked out of your account is never good, but there is no need to fret. There are a couple of things you can try on your own, or you can reach out to DoNotPay and let us handle it for you. We can deal with many different tasks, so contact us today to see how we can help.