Smart Hack That'll Get Your Wix Transaction Fees Waived
Do you have a website or blog created using the Wix platform? Do you accept payments using Wix and have been charged transaction fees that you want to dispute or appeal? DoNotPay can show you how to and get them waived or reduced.
Wix began as a website creator that offers both free and premium websites, blogs, and SEO. Recently, Wix introduced Wix Payments, an easy way to accept payments and keep everything contained in one place. The Wix payments are set up in three categories: Business Basic, Business Unlimited, and Business VIP. You can pay for this service with a monthly plan, annual plan, two-year plan, or three-year plan. Payments are made monthly and as the length of the plan increases, the monthly charges decrease.
How Much Does Wix Charge per Transaction?
In the United States, in addition to the monthly charge for accepting payments through Wix, there is also a . Each time you receive a credit card purchase, you are charged 2.9% of the transaction charge plus $.30. For example, for a purchase of $100, you would be charged $2.90 plus $.30 for a total of $3.20. This, of course, is in addition to the monthly service fee and any other fees that are associated with creating, maintaining, or managing your website that you have agreed to.
How Does Wix Compare to PayPal?
When examining the transaction fees, Wix and PayPal are both the same for US customers. The difference between the two is best seen in international sales.
- Wix is available for taking payments in 13 countries and five currencies, while PayPal is available in over 200 countries and 25 currencies. This could limit your international sales.
- For countries such as Austria, Belgium, or Germany, Wix charges 2.5% plus .30 EUR, Switzerland 2.5% plus .40 CHF
- PayPal charges a variable fee for currency other than USD such as 3.4% plus 20p, and they charge fees for converting currencies.
- If you are using Wix Payments on a Wix website, customers stay on your website without being redirected to another payment platform.
How to Fight Wix Transaction Fees on Your Own
Wix does not offer a form specifically for you to dispute transaction fees charged to your account. However, the easiest way if you are disputing fees on your own is to follow these steps:
- Open the Wix.com/payments page.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on "login and chat with us."
- Chat online or schedule a call with a customer service representative.
- Once the call is made, you will need to itemize the transaction fees that you are disputing and the reason for the dispute.
- Chances are, this will require a return call or follow-up email.
- Wait for a response, and if necessary, start the process over again.
What to Do if You Cannot Fight the Transaction Fees on Your Own
Maybe you are too busy to wait for a call to be scheduled. Possibly you just aren't sure how to get started. Whatever your reason, DoNotPay offers a quick and easy solution to fighting those Wix transaction fees.
Use DoNotPay to Fight Your Wix Transaction Fees
DoNotPay has a Fight and Waive product that can help you with your Wix transaction fees in three easy steps.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
That is all there is to it! DoNotPay will take care of the rest of the process for you.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay?
DoNotPay has helped thousands of people successfully appeal their fees from banks, airlines and other services, and we know that we can help you, too. DoNotPay can make the process:
- Easy: No spending time filling out forms or looking for phone numbers
- Fast: Don't spend your time waiting on phone calls or sitting on hold.
- Successful: DoNotPay will work hard to get the best result for you.
Can DoNotPay Help Waive Other Fees as Well?
Absolutely! DoNotPay can help you fight to get fees waived from many other companies and industries. For example:
|Paypal seller fees
|Spirit Airlines baggage fees
|American Airlines baggage fees
|Chase Bank checking account fees
|Homeowners Association (HOA) fees
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has a variety of products to help you solve many of the problems you have every day. Do you need help finding and applying for scholarships? Maybe you need a standardized legal document or need something notarized. Want to know how to reduce your property taxes or need help getting compensated for your flight that was canceled?
DoNotPay has fast, easy solutions for all these problems and more. Let DoNotPay help you today.