How To Obtain a Vudu Refund in a Split Second
Vudu is a virtual platform that started its journey back in 2004. The primary goal of the company is to encourage users to obtain the desired content by renting or buying movies and TV shows. As with any other service that you need to pay for, there are times when what you get doesn’t satisfy your needs. Whether it’s poor quality, a technical error, or a feature that doesn’t function as expected, you should always try to reclaim the money in such cases.
How Does Vudu Refund Policy Work?
Understanding the Vudu refund policy is crucial for knowing in which situations you have the right to demand your money back.
At first glance, their rules seem clear and strict—refunds aren’t an option unless certain regulations are violated. That is the case in theory, yet in practice, it’s still possible to negotiate about your request in several ways.
Speaking of the reasons that make you potentially eligible for the refund process, those would be the following ones:
- You stopped watching the movie before it ended or soon after it started
- The movie won’t play despite appropriate system requirements
- Someone else bought the movie by mistake using your account
The Vudu refund policy doesn’t state the last point, yet there are topics on their forum where help center workers acknowledged such cases and encouraged those who complained to contact customer support for a solution.
When It Isn’t Possible To Obtain a Vudu Refund
Whether you’ll be able to get your money back or not depends on how responsible you are for the factors that made you request a refund. For this reason, you shouldn’t expect a positive outcome if:
- Your system requirements can’t support the content
- Your device isn’t authorized for playing the Vudu platform content
- It turns out that you have violated any clause from Vudu Terms & Conditions in any way
- You watched the movie until the end, but you didn’t like it
Getting a Vudu Movie Refund via DoNotPay
Before you begin to prepare mentally for a challenging conversation with customer support, you may want to consider DoNotPay first. Our app isn’t only a service that makes the whole procedure easier for you, but it also saves you from direct contact with the company.
Here’s how you can request your funds back in just a minute or two with this amazing app:
- Access DoNotPay through your web browser
- Go to Chargeback Instantly part and choose its subsection Get Protected
- Confirm all the pieces of information that the system requests
- Confirm your signature and click Sign and Submit
Yes—it’s that simple. Upon doing all this, the help comes your way thanks to a letter that DoNotPay sends to your bank. We can also contact the company in question instead of you.
Getting a Vudu Movie Refund on Your Own
As stated in the table, apart from the DoNotPay app, you can rely on a couple of customer support channels as well.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How To Get a Refund on Vudu Purchase via Email
- Enter the Vudu website
- Scroll down until you find the Support option at the bottom of the page
- Choose the Email Support option on the right
- Leave your first and last name, as well as your email address
- Explain the problem and request a refund through the Question box
- Click Continue
The page that follows will generate a reference number starting with # for you. This way, you’ll be able to track the status of your query.
As you can imagine, email communication can take a huge amount of your precious time as the help center agents might take several days to resolve it. At times, that period is much longer—certain customer reviews state that the waiting time sometimes exceeds 30 days.
How To Get a Refund on Vudu Purchase via Phone
A phone call to customer service might take less time, but it could also be more nerve-wracking as it includes waiting on hold or arguing with the support representatives.
The Vudu customer service phone number is (888) 554-VUDU (8838), and you can find it on the Contact Us page. Feel free to dial the number and explain the reason for requesting a refund to the agent. Depending on how relevant your reasons are, the customer support representative decides if you’re entitled to receive your funds back.
What’s Vudu Rental Refund and How Does It Work
In 2019 Vudu decided to implement a new rental refund policy. It doesn’t apply to the movies you’ve already bought, but it provides an effective solution if you’ve rented content, but got disappointed with it. All users who haven’t watched the movie longer than 30 minutes and who report it within 24 hours of renting the film can take advantage of this feature.
All you have to do is contact the company through a phone call. After checking the time and duration of watching, the refunded money should go back to your Vudu account within 24 hours.
How To Check the Status of Your Refund Request
Feeling impatient? It’s alright to wait for a while—maybe for five to ten days, but if you have a feeling that it’s taking too much time, you can use a tracking number provided by the support representative. The code will help you check the status of the request in only a few seconds.
Let DoNotPay Find Solutions for Other Stressful Situations Too
You might be surprised, but DoNotPay doesn’t only do its best to set you free from tedious and uncomfortable communication with companies. It offers much more—you just need to find it through your web browser and explore all the options it boasts. From amazing virtual credit cards that you can use for Kindle or Adobe free trials and thus save yourself from automatic paid renewals, all the way to avoiding bureaucratic protocols, our app is something that everyone needs. Sounds compelling? We also encourage you to give DoNotPay a try in case you need assistance with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting compensation and refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting rid of spam text messages