How To Recover A Hacked Uber Account
Having any of your online accounts getting hacked can be frustrating. That is especially true if your , given that it likely contains your credit card details. A hacker would be able to get free rides, track your location, and charge Uber eats to your account.
Uber has a legal responsibility to keep your personal and banking data safe. You can follow our guide below to get your account restored on your own. But if you need extra help, DoNotPay can apply legal pressure to get your hacked Uber account restored.
How to Tell If Your Uber Account Was Hacked
To determine if it was hacked, for any strange account activity such as:
- Receiving trip requests that you didn't make
- Calls or messages from drivers about a pickup when you didn't schedule a ride
- Receiving receipts for trips you didn't make
- Account changes that you didn't authorize
- Unauthorized changes to your payment settings
- Changes to your Uber password or linked email account without your knowledge
It will also help to check the following notifications:
- Are there any recorded trips that you don't recognize?
- Are you being asked to review drivers that are unfamiliar?
- Do you see any scheduled pickups that you didn't authorize?
What to Do If Your Uber Was Hacked and You Still Have Access to Your Account
If you can still access your Uber account but you feel that it has been compromised, here’s what you can do:
- Open the Uber app
- Select "Help" from the app menu
- Tap on "I can't sign in or request a ride"
- Then select "I forgot my password"
- Follow the instructions to create a new password.
- We recommend creating the new password with a password manager.
- Consider changing the password on your linked email as that may be the cause of the security breach.
- Call your bank to have any credit cards on your Uber account canceled and replaced.
What to Do If Your Username or Password on Your Hacked Uber Account Was Changed
If the hacker has changed the password and the email associated with your account, here’s what you should do:
- Contact your bank to have any credit cards associated with your Uber account frozen. Report any fraudulent charges to your bank.
- You will need to use Uber's contact widget to try to get your account restored.
- Scroll near the bottom to complete this form. Be as detailed as possible in the field called "Share details." Be sure to include any and all unauthorized charges here. Include dates and dollar amounts. This section can be useful in receiving refunds for unauthorized charges.
Many users have reported slow response times from Uber. Prepare to be patient.
DoNotPay Can Help Recover Your Hacked Uber Account
Having a hacked Uber account is incredibly stressful, especially if there are fraudulent charges. Be sure to freeze your credit card before trying to restore your Uber account. Uber has a reputation for being slow to respond to hacked accounts, even though they have a legal obligation to keep your data safe.
If you are frustrated with how Uber is handling the situation, DoNotPay can help. We know all the ins and outs of digital protection laws and can even draft a demand letter on your behalf.
If you want to recover your Uber account but the official method does not work, here is how you can get it back it in 4 easy steps:
- Open the Recover Hacked Account product on DoNotPay and tell us the name of the company or platform of your hacked account.
- Enter the information associated with your account, such as your username.
- Tell us whether you have paid for the account and would like a refund.
- And that’s it! We will send a demand letter on your behalf with a two-week deadline for the company’s representatives to help you recover your account.
DoNotPay Can Help Recover Various Hacked Accounts
DoNotPay can help you get back and secure the following:
Why Use DoNotPay to Recover a Hacked Uber Account
- Fast. As soon as you provide us with all the pertinent details, we'll get to work on your account right away.
- Easy. You won't have to deal with Uber's frustrating customer service bot. Our team knows how to navigate Uber's customer service to get a quicker and seamless turnaround.
- Successful. DoNotPay started out helping people fight unlawful parking tickets in every major city. We've won over 100,000 cases to date. We have since developed the world's most complete robot attorney. Customers receive a multitude of services, in addition to getting hacked Uber accounts recovered.
DoNotPay Can Solve a Variety of Problems Across Different Brands
Here are some of the services DoNotPay offers:
- Copyright Protection
- Appeal Banned Account
- Analyze YouTube's terms of service
- Recover Passwords
- Delete a Facebook account
You can also get help for the following:
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Writing letters to inmates
- Suing for a dog bite
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- Sue in small claims court
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Advanced Healthcare Directive
- Compensation For Robocalls
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Dispute Credit Letters
- Complete Debt Validation Letters
- Waive College Fees
- Help With Bills
DoNotPay makes life easy and simple. Sign up today!