Save Money With DoNotPay: How to Fight and Waive TurboTax Fees
TurboTax is a software package that enables Americans to prepare income tax returns. Michael A. Chipman developed TurboTax in 1984 and sold it to Intuit in 1993. You incur when you use the platform to prepare and file your taxes virtually on your computer or mobile phone.
When you are new to using TurboTax or aren't too familiar with the platform, you may incur TurboTax fees that you could otherwise avoid or waive. DoNotPay can help you save money by fighting and waiving fees.
Besides TurboTax, you can use DoNotPay to fight and waive fees on several platforms. We have successfully helped our clients appeal fees on PayPal, eBay, Robinhood, Shopify, and Etsy.
How Much Does TurboTax Charge for Filing Returns?
vary depending on the plan you use. There are four TurboTax plans, and each tier of service charges as follows;
|TurboTax Free||$0 plus $0 for every state return ($0 for TurboTax Live)|
|TurboTax Deluxe||$40 plus $40 for every state return ($90+$50 for every return for TurboTax Live)|
|TurboTax Premier||$70 plus $40 for every state return ($140+ $50 for every return for TurboTax Live)|
|TurboTax Self-Employed||$90 plus $40 for every state return ($170+ $50 for every return for TurboTax Live)|
Note that these fees are only applicable if you buy the TurboTax software directly from TurboTax. If you purchase it elsewhere, the prices may vary. Additionally, TurboTax alters the charges during the single tax season. You may end up paying more or less.
TurboTax Fees Explained
TurboTax is a popular tax provider in the United States. Taxpayers of all stripes benefit from its services since it offers several options for preparing income tax returns.
To file taxes on TurboTax, you may pay anything between $0 and $443. The amount you'll pay is dependent on your tax situation. The more complicated it is, the more fees you'll pay.
There are three main ways you can prepare and file taxes on TurboTax; DIY packages, TurboTax Live, and computer software.
Here is a summary of the fees you'll incur if you use TurboTax.
|DIY online filing||DIY plus expert access||Full-service expert||Computer software|
|Federal return||$0 - $119||$79 - $199||$199 - $389||$50- $120|
|Federal plus state return||$0 - $173||$79 - $253||$253 - $443||$95 - $165|
Why Do Most People Use TurboTax?
Here are some of the reasons why TurboTax is popular in the United States.
- Accuracy - TurboTax is so accurate that they undertake to pay any penalty and interest to your state tax authority or IRS if they make an error.
- One-on-one audit guidance - In case of an audit, TurboTax tax professionals will explain any issues questioned by the IRS. Note that this doesn't mean TurboTax will represent you in the audit.
- Audit representation - If you want TurboTax to represent you in an audit, you can use the Audit Defense Program. You will incur additional costs for the program.
- Ease of use - The TurboTax platform is easy to use. For instance, you can use a photo of your W2 form to file your taxes.
How to Avoid TurboTax Fees
You can avoid by using the free option for state and federal returns. The free option is available to people at all income levels. It supports;
- W-2 income
- Unemployment income
- Retirement account distributions
- Earned income tax credit
- Child tax credit
TurboTax will prompt you to upgrade if you need additional forms to file your returns.
Does TurboTax Have Hidden Fees?
TurboTax gives you the option of paying for their services from your federal refund. This means that you won't need to use your credit or debit card to pay for the services. This option is convenient, but you'll pay $39 as processing fees in addition to the payment.
Overview of TurboTax vs. H&R Block Fees
In terms of fees, TurboTax is more expensive than H&R Block. Both TurboTax and H&R Block have an easy-to-use interface, good customer service, and easy-to-understand instructions.
The fees vary as follows:
|TurboTax charges||H&R Block charges|
|Additional state return fees||$54||$36.99|
How to Fight and Waive TurboTax Fees on Your Own
To fight or waive , you should contact customer service. They may ask you to fill out online forms or e-mail the company. TurboTax may reject or accept your appeal based on the facts of your case.
Fighting TurboTax fees can be frustrating and time-consuming, especially if unfamiliar with the process. Additionally, there is no guarantee that your appeal will be successful.
How to Fight and Waive Fees on DoNotPay
DoNotPay makes fighting and waiving TurboTax easy. You will complete the process in just a few minutes.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal TurboTax fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter your transaction details, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
And that's it. DoNotPay will file the appeal on your behalf with your details.
Why Use DoNotPay to Fight and Waive TurboTax Fees?
At DoNotPay, we have several years of experience helping people waive TurboTax fees and get refunds. We have helped thousands of people file successful appeals.
We make your appeal process faster and easier. You won't spend too much time filing the appeal, and neither will you have to fill several forms.
Appeal your fees with just a few clicks of a button.
DoNotPay Works Across Different Companies and Entities
Fighting and waiving TurboTax fees is one of the many problems that DoNotPay can help you solve. If you want to fight and waive fees on; Spirit Airlines, Chase checking account, or American airlines, let DoNotPay do the hard work on your behalf. The entire process will be fast, easy, and, most importantly, successful.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is not limited to appealing fees. We can help you:
- File complaints against various companies
- Find and apply for scholarships
- Reduce property taxes
- Notarize documents
- Appeal banned accounts
Additionally, DoNotPay can;
- Give you access to standardized legal documents.
- Help you contact consulates and embassies.
- Get your airline flight compensation.
- Help you create passport photos.
Let DoNotPay handle the details of life, so you can focus on what truly matters. Contact us today to get started.