How to Request a Ticketmaster Refund With DoNotPay?
Ticketmaster is an online ticket sales and distribution company providing its users with tickets for concerts, sports events, theater as well as family and other events.
Sometimes events get canceled, and sometimes you are not able to show up. What then? Can you get a refund for tickets bought via Ticketmaster?
Figuring Out Ticketmaster Refund Policy
Ticketmaster refunds only purchases for postponed or canceled events. Under some circumstances, an event that is rescheduled might also be eligible for a refund.
You cannot get your money back if you change your mind and choose not to attend an event. The only exceptions to this rule are death in the family, severe injury, or a large scale crisis.
Can You Get a Ticketmaster Refund for a Canceled Show?
If an event is canceled, you will automatically get a refund to the method of payment used to make your purchase.
Here are some rules on refunding Ticketmaster purchases:
- A refund includes the full price of the ticket and all services
- A refund is issued using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets. Ticketmaster cannot issue a refund to any account other than the original payment method. The only change that is acceptable is related to your credit card. If your credit card expires and you have to make a new one, you can still use it to receive a refund. The only condition is that it’s still connected to the same bank account
Can You Get a Refund for Tickets on Ticketmaster if Your Event Is Postponed?
If an event has been postponed, it means it’s still possible it will happen on a later date. You can expect an email from Ticketmaster as soon as the status of the event changes, so your tickets are valid until more info is available. Two things can happen here: the event gets canceled, or it gets rescheduled.
You will get a follow-up email letting you know whether the event is still happening or not. You will also get notified if the organizer of the event is offering options for refunds.
With postponed events, there is a possibility of a refund. The organizers might offer you to choose between a refund or a credit that you can use on some other events they organize. The organizers don’t offer refunds for postponed events often.
The reason for this is that if there is no date set for rescheduling the event, the organizers can’t guarantee that they will be able to make the event happen at all.
Does Ticketmaster Refund Tickets if Your Event Is Rescheduled?
If an event gets a new date, you can use your tickets to attend it without any additional confirmation.
If the new date doesn’t work for you, there might be some options not to lose the value of the ticket.
With a rescheduled event, an organizer usually provides you with these options:
- You may return your ticket and request a refund
- You get to choose between a refund and a credit that can be used in other events they organize
You will be notified about this in an email. Be aware that even if the organizer decides to offer a refund or a choice between a refund and the credit, they will do so within a specific timeframe. That timeframe will either be 30 days from the day you received your notification email or up until two weeks before the rescheduled event.
When Is It Not Possible to Get a Refund on Ticketmaster?
If you decide not to attend an event, Ticketmaster will not issue exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased.
Here are other examples of non-refundable purchases:
- Lost tickets
- Stolen tickets
- Damaged or destroyed tickets
- Major League Baseball purchases
- UPS charges
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Is It Possible to Refund a Ticketmaster Ticket Using a Simple and Straightforward Method? You Can Do It With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is a simple online tool that offers an array of practical features. This app can help you solve any administrative or legal issues. You can even use DoNotPay to simplify long and convoluted processes—like getting refunds of your Ticketmaster purchases.
To send a refund request to Ticketmaster here are the steps to follow:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Scroll down and pick the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Provide the app with the details about your bank
- Input Ticketmaster as the merchant
- Follow the guidelines and build up your case
And that’s it! DoNotPay will fax a refund request to your bank and provide you with evidence that will be useful in your case. The app can also create a dispute letter that you can send directly to the Ticketmaster, requesting a refund.
How to Do It On Your Own? Get a Refund for Ticketmaster Purchases Through the Website!
You can get a refund if your purchase is eligible for one. Ticketmaster only offers refunds through its website, so googling a phone number, trying to reach them via email, or contacting them via their support page won’t be of much help.
How to Get a Refund for a Ticket on Ticketmaster if Your Event Was Canceled?
You don’t need to do anything if an event is canceled. You will get a full refund transferred to your account automatically. The funds will be transferred to your original payment method. You can expect to receive your refund within 30 days of the purchase.
How to Get a Refund for Ticketmaster Tickets When Your Event Gets Postponed?
When events are postponed or rescheduled, you can expect an email containing new event information. Depending on the organizer, there might be an option to get a refund.
Here is how to check if you can get a refund for the event:
- Go to your Ticketmaster account
- Find the event you want to cancel
- Look for the Request a Refund link under Self Service
If your event has been rescheduled and the event’s organizer is offering refunds, this option will be visible. Just click the link and follow instructions to send a request.
If you can’t see the refund link, the event is not eligible for refunds. It might be a good idea to check again because the status can change.
Don’t Stop at Ticketmaster Refunds! DoNotPay is Capable of So Much More!
DoNotPay is the first robot lawyer in the world. This app can be your virtual assistant and help with various everyday challenges. You can access DoNotPay from your web browser!
Did you just realize you didn’t need to purchase that extra storage space on Google Drive? Use DoNotPay to cancel that subscription in just a few clicks. Are you dealing with something more serious—like being tormented by harassing phone calls, stalkers, or robocalls? DoNotPay can help with that as well!
Some tasks DoNotPay can assist you with are:
- Getting compensation from airlines for delayed or canceled flights
- Getting out of different subscriptions or memberships
- Getting a DMV appointment date fast and easy
- Managing credit card issues
- Handling bills that are challenging to pay
- Keeping yourself and your family safe from stalking and harassment
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting compensation from scammers behind robocalls
- Fighting parking tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting refunds from other companies