Everything You Need to Know About TenPoint Crossbows Recall
If you're a crossbow enthusiast, you should know about the before firing your own or a friend's TenPoint or Wicked Ridge crossbow.
According to TenPoint, the crossbows under voluntary recall have faulty safeties, which can cause severe injury or death should an unintentional bolt firing occur. TenPoint is working closely with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to ensure that owners of defective crossbow models are alerted to the danger. You will be entitled to free repairs which you can get with the help of DoNotPay.
How Do I Check With the Manufacturer to See if My TenPoint Crossbow Has Been Recalled?
Here's a step-by-step guide to the recall process as required by the .
1. Check if Your Crossbow Model Is on the Recall List
These models MAY have been sold with the faulty trigger. Your first step is to see if your crossbow is among them.
|Model Name||Model Number||Serial Number Range|
|Ten Point Shadow Ultra-Lite:||C14018 - 7521
C14018 - 7522
|G000001 - G006449|
|TenPoint Turbo XLT II:||C12020 - 4920
C12020 - 4521
C12020 - 4522
|F54796 - F55233
G50000 - G55924
H50000 - H54851
F000001 - F007055
|TenPoint Titan Extreme:||C12047 - 6520
C12047 - 6521
C12047 - 6522
C13047 - 1912
C13047 - 5312
|F88113 - F91878
G80001 - G89999
H80000 - H96243
H000001 - H015400
|TenPoint Maverick HP:||C11055 - 3000
C11055 - 3521
C11055 - 3522
C11055 - 6000
C11055 - 6520
C11055 - 6521
C11055 - 6522
|F41618 - F41909
G40000 - G40353
|TenPoint GT Flex:||C08066 - 3000
C08066 - 3420
C08066 - 3421
C08066 - 3422
C08066 - 3430
C08066 - 3431
C08066 - 3432
C14066 - 1000
C14066 - 1330
C14066 - 1331
C14066 - 1332
|F70173 - F70299
G70000 - G70151
H70000 - H70299
I000001 - I000452
|TenPoint Phantom CLS-S:||C10003 - 4211
C10003 - 4212
C10003 - 4221
C10003 - 4222
|F00002 - F00261
G00001 - G00156
|Wicked Ridge Raider CLS:||WR1221.6230
|J000001 - J000831
V70000 - V72011
W70001 - W71806
|Wicked Ridge Invader HP:||WR1205.6336
|Wicked Ridge Warrior HL:||WR1215.6330
2. Check Your Crossbow for an Upgrade Verification Sticker
If you own one of the above models, and it has already been upgraded to the new safety, it will have a decal on the back of the trigger box that says, "Void If Removed". If your crossbow does not have this decal, proceed to Step 3.
3. Enter Your Crossbow's Serial Number
The serial number is on the crossbow's left side, underneath the scope mounting rail, and above the brand logo.
4. If you confirm that your crossbow is among those subject to recall...
Follow the instructions on the website for returning your crossbow for a replacement trigger assembly. You may be required to test your crossbow yourself for defects using this video as a guide. But do you really want to handle a potentially dangerous crossbow?
Let DoNotPay Verify and Make a Claim for You
DoNotPay offers a recall monitoring service that will keep you informed when your purchases come under a recall notice. Here's how the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
When you know you have a recalled item, such as a TenPoint or Wicked Ridge crossbow, you can use DoNotPay's Product Recalls service.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay:
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to TenPoint Crossbow Technologies on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why You Should Let DoNotPay Manage Your TenPoint Crossbows Recall
TenPoint Crossbows is taking responsibility for their products' shortcomings, and you'll be in good hands working directly with them to get your crossbow safely repaired. We can do it better because we're...
- Fast --You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy --You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
- Successful --You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
Other Types of Recall Challenges DoNotPay Has Solved
Here are just a few of the thousands of product recalls DoNotPay has handled for our members.
- Metformin recall
- Dog food recalls
- Vehicle recalls
- Tyson chicken recall
- Philips CPAP recall
- California-specific recalls
- Hot Pocket recall
- Peloton recall
- Neutrogena and other sunscreen recall
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay got its start helping consumers fight traffic tickets, and now we've expanded to advocate for people like you who are trying to cut through the red tape and take care of everything from ordering official birth certificate copies to licensing their pets. Here are a few examples:
- Disputing seatbelt citations
- Filing insurance claims
- Filing formal consumer complaints
- Filing warranty claims
- Even finding missing money!
Why not ? It's a fantastic way to let us show you what we can do for you as a subscriber. If we hit the target on this project, imagine how we can help you clear the rest of your to-do list!