How to File a Claim for the Taurus Firearms Recall
You have probably come across recalls over the past few years for products such as Hot Pockets, Peloton bikes, dog food, chicken, sunscreen, Philips CPAP machines, and even metformin tablets. Recalls are common throughout every industry, even tightly controlled sectors such as firearms. This is evidenced by the recent , which affected nearly a million gun owners across the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Although most products are designed and manufactured with the best of intentions, defects and errors sometimes work their way into the final product. In order to mitigate the hazards of such defects, many companies issue recalls. For individuals affected by these recalls, filing a claim can be time-consuming and complicated. That's why many people use DoNotPay to simplify and streamline the recall claim process.
What are the Details of the Taurus Firearms Recall?
In 2015, Taurus International, the manufacturer of a range of handheld pistols, was the defendant in a class-action lawsuit concerning firearm safety mechanisms. An agreement was reached in 2017, in which Taurus International claimed no fault for the defect, but issued a voluntary recall of the following pistols, including both standard and PRO models:
- PT-111 Millennium
- PT-132 Millennium
- PT-138 Millennium
- PT-140 Millennium
- PT-145 Millennium
- PT-745 Millennium
- PT- 609
How Do I Make a Claim for the Taurus Firearms Recall?
If you want to tackle the Taurus recall on your own without assistance, follow these steps:
- Call the Claims Administrator: Call Heffler Claims Group, the Court-appointed Claims Administrator for this case, at 1-844-528-0180. They will ask for your contact information, firearm details, and purchase information.
- Provide Documentation: Heffler Claims Group will ask you to provide documents and photographic evidence to prove ownership of the Taurus pistol, as well as any supporting evidence of negative impacts due to the defect.
- Shipping: Once they have confirmed that your Taurus pistol is part of the recall, you will be asked to ship the pistol to Taurus Companies for inspection and repair or replacement.
- Returned: Your repaired or replacement pistol will be returned by mail.
PLEASE NOTE: Your pistol can only be returned by mail if permitted by the local laws of your municipality, so be sure to check local laws before shipping a firearm.
How Long Does the Recall Process Take?
While the 2017 settlement originally included cash reimbursement, the deadline to file a claim for cash payment was February 6, 2018. Fortunately, you can still file a claim to have your Taurus pistol repaired or replaced. Submitting your claim for the does not necessarily guarantee that you will receive a repair or replacement. The outcome of your claim depends largely on the evidence you provide. It is therefore critical that you provide sufficient documentation.
This is where DoNotPay can help! We leverage the latest technology and years of experience to help you create a strong argument for your claim. Our experts will help ensure that you submit the right evidence to the right people to successfully claim replacement and repairs for your recalled Taurus pistol. Once your claim is submitted, the turnaround is approximately three weeks.
Save Time and Effort With DoNotPay
You can rely on DoNotPay to cut through the red tape to find a solution to your Taurus recall. In fact, we offer specific products designed to help you with every aspect of your recall claim.
Check For Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
We can check for recalls on your behalf with our state-of-the-art recall monitoring technology. Here's how our Product Recall Monitor works:
- Enter your email address into our Recall Monitor.
- Email your scanned or digital receipts to email@example.com.
That's it! Not only can you use this for the Taurus recall, but you can also submit receipts for virtually any recent purchase. We will use the information from your receipts to identify and notify you of any recalls as they occur.
Use DoNotPay Product Recalls to Submit Your Claim
Using DoNotPay's Product Recalls, you can streamline the entire claim process. Follow these simple steps:
- Enter the purchase information, including firearm model number, serial number, store details, price, and date of purchase.
- Advise how you heard about the recall.
- Select your desired resolution: repair or replacement.
- Upload evidence of your purchase and the product, if available.
- Advise whether or not you are able to return the firearm. This may depend on your local shipping regulations.
DoNotPay will submit your recall request to the appropriate party on your behalf and request your repair or replacement. The Claims Administrator will contact you directly to confirm and provide additional details regarding the next steps.
Why Choose DoNotPay to Submit Your Taurus Firearms Recall
When you work with DoNotPay for your Taurus firearms recall, you enjoy the following benefits:
- Fast--You won't spend hours compiling information and waiting on hold.
- Easy--You don't need to fill out complicated forms or track every step of the recall process.
- Successful--You can rest assured that DoNotPay will make the strongest possible case for your claim.
DoNotPay Works Across Companies and Localities With Ease
At DoNotPay, we can help with more than your Taurus pistol recall. Whether you're looking into general California product recalls or specific recalls for your car's VIN, we can help with every kind of recall, as well as a variety of other challenging tasks. Recalls occur across many products, such as dog food and sunscreen. And DoNotPay is there to help you with them, whether it's finding out which of your products have been recalled or getting reimbursement for purchasing a defective product. Be sure to check out the information on other product recalls that have occurred, such as:
|Medical and Exercise Equipment|
It is our goal to simplify your life by streamlining complex processes to help you submit requests, reports, complaints, and claims.