How to Stay Informed of Future Taste of the Wild Recalls
In 2012, Diamond Pet Foods announced a massive voluntary recall of its brand dry dog food. During the Taste of the Wild recall, multiple products were found to be contaminated with Salmonella after unopened bags of the brand's dry dog food tested positive for it at an outside lab. The company issued a voluntary recall as a precautionary measure.
Having a pet in your life is a joy that many people experience, but what might surprise some pet lovers is that our furry friends can also be susceptible to potentially dangerous food recalls. You might not always hear about them in the news because food recalls for human products are more commonly reported than those involving animal products. This means it's up to owners to keep their eyes and ears open, which isn't always easy or practical.
To avoid being blindsided by a potential pet food recall, DoNotPay has designed a simple service that notifies pet owners of pet food recalls quickly and easily.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Taste of the Wild Recall?
While the deadline has passed to file claims for the , it's worth noting that you can still file a complaint with Consumer Affairs if your pet was sickened or died after eating recalled food.
When filing a complaint, be sure to include as much information as possible, such as:
- The batch number and production code of all bags in question;
- The name and contact information of your veterinarian;
- Receipts for the food purchase;
- Any receipts for veterinary care, diagnostic testing, or other medical care you provided to your pet due to illness.
In addition to filing a complaint with the company, it's good to document your pet's condition as much as possible before and after exposure to the recalled product. In this way, you may be able to prove that exposure to the product was likely responsible for your dog's illness or death.
This documentation may include:
- Photos of your pet's condition at the time you discovered it;
- Any diagnostic testing performed on your pet, such as lab work and x-rays;
- The results of any diagnostic testing or autopsy performed on your pet by a veterinarian.
What Happened With the Taste of the Wild Recall?
According to the CDC, the recall was initiated after a total of 49 individuals (47 individuals in 20 states and two individuals in Canada) were reported to be infected with Salmonella after handling Taste of the Wild and other Diamond Pet Food products. The infected products were traced to a single manufacturing facility in Gaston, South Carolina.
Besides Taste of the Wild, the following Diamond Pet Foods brands were also included in the recall:
- Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
- Country Value
- Diamond Naturals
- Premium Edge
Consumers were urged to check the production codes on the back of bags that have a number "2" or a "3" in the 9th position AND an "X" in the 10th or 11th position. The best-before dates for the recalled brands listed above are December 9, 2012, through April 7, 2013.
At the time, Diamond Pet Foods stated that there was no conclusive evidence linking any case of illness to a specific product or lot numbers. However, they did advise dog owners who had purchased one of the products listed in the recall to dispose of it immediately and contact a veterinarian with concerns about their pet's health.
How Can I Make Sure My Pet Is Safe From a Future Taste of the Wild Recall?
Keeping track of pet food recalls can be difficult, which is why a service like DoNotPay exists to help pet owners stay informed of the latest recalls. To ensure your furry friend's safety from a potential future Taste of the Wild Recall, simply provide some basic information about yourself and your cat or dog on our website.
Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor Works in Three Easy Steps:
1. Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
2. Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
3. DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
Don't risk being left in the dark when it comes to product recalls. Sign up for the DoNotPay Product Recall Monitor today to keep your family safe!
Why Use DoNotPay to Keep Updated on Taste of the Wild Recalls
While your pet's health is the most important consideration in avoiding a product recall, refunds and replacements can be essential to offsetting some of the cost that comes with taking care of a sick animal. Not only does DoNotPay send you alerts about the latest food recalls, but we also make it easy to complete your refund or replacement claim quickly and easily.
By using DoNotPay, you can easily claim your refund or replacement for any recalled item with just a few clicks. The DoNotPay Recall Monitor makes it easy to keep track of your purchases and any potential recall for them.
Don't risk the health of your dog by purchasing a product that might be contaminated with Salmonella. Instead, keep track of all pet food and product recalls using DoNotPay to ensure the safety and health of your canine companion for years to come!
DoNotPay Can Monitor Product Recalls For Your Entire Household
Not only can DoNotPay monitor recalled products for your pets, but it can also help you stay informed of the latest product recalls for everything else in your home.
Keeping track of recalls on everything from food to kitchen appliances can be a challenge, but DoNotPay can make it simple. Just set up a profile for your home and let DoNotPay monitor all the latest product recall news for everyone in your family.
DoNotPay can help you complete a product recall claim from all the major retailers, including Amazon.com, Target, Walmart, and more. You can even use DoNotPay to monitor recalls for products purchased through eBay or other similar marketplace websites.
These are some of the wide range of products, medicines, and vehicles our customers have already claimed:
|And Many More...||
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides helping keep you safe from a future Taste of the Wild Recall, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Contact government officials about an issue you're having.
- Ask for a refund or replacement on nearly any product, service, flight, hotel stay - even utility bills!
- Request refunds for late delivery services.
- Get compensation for pesky robocalls.
- Schedule DMV appointments quickly and easily.