The Best Way to Make a Claim for the Sun Bum Recall
Successfully making a recall on products can feel like a long, drawn-out task. This is because many people either don't know how to initiate the process or don't want to spend the extra time doing it. If you've used , you may be entitled to a recall. The maker is investigating a Sun Bum Cool Down gel after there were reports of benzene in some batches of products.
DoNotPay is dedicated to helping people navigate the recall process. We're going to show you how you can make a claim for a recall if you've used a Sun Bum product that was added to the list and how DoNotPay can seamlessly move you through the recall process.
For individuals with a Sun Bum recall, DoNotPay is here to help!
What Happened With the Sun Bum Recall?
Certain batches of Neutrogena's Sun Bum sunscreen contain benzene, which is an industrial chemical usually found in crude oil and cigarette smoke. Benzene can also be used in manufacturing plastics and pesticides. In addition to this, Benzene is a known carcinogen that can cause harm to individuals if they experience long-term exposure. Individuals who used the Sun Bum product that was exposed to Benzene are eligible to make a recall claim.
What Do I Do If My Product Was Recalled?
If your product is recalled, you should receive a notice of the recall. Usually, the company makes a public announcement regarding the recall. The company may also work with the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission, which will issue a press release on its website.
In the event your Sun Bum product is recalled, you should immediately stop using it. Depending on the terms of the recall, you may be able to receive a replacement.
Other Recall Resources
The CPSC has jurisdiction over 15,000 different types of consumer products. If you want to know whether your particular product was recalled, you can register with CPSC as well as other beneficial resources. Some other recall resources to consider include:
What Do I Need?
If your Sun Bum product is recalled, it's essential that you follow the company's directions as outlined in the notice. For instance, the manufacturer may direct you to do the following:
- Immediately stop using the product
- Send a repair kit to fix the issue (if applicable)
- Return the product to the store (if applicable)
How to Report an Unsafe Product to CPSC
If you believe your Neutrogena Sun Bum product or any other product is damaged, you can always report it to the CSPC. You can report it using the following methods:
- Online or directly through the CPSC website.
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call by phone at 1-800-638-2772 and use extension 650
- Send a fax using number 1-800-809-0924
- Send a letter to U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission, Injury Report, Washington, D.C. 20207
How to Make a Sun Bum Recall Claim with DoNotPay
Do you need to make a Sun Bum recall claim? If so, DoNotPay is the perfect solution. Other reporting services can undergo an extensive process to make a recall claim, but we focus on simplifying that process for you.
With our Product Recalls Claim product, you can easily navigate the claims process without going through the extra hassle. Sometimes, when there is a recall announcement, knowing what to do next can be confusing. DoNotPay takes out the guesswork and walks you through the process step-by-step.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
How to Check If My Product Has Been Recalled with DoNotPay
If you have a product and are unsure whether there was a recall, DoNotPay has you covered. By using our Products Recall Monitor, you can check for any existing recalls. All you need to do is forward any receipts for recalls to email@example.com and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Aside from the Sun Bum recall, DoNotPay can also help you claim other Neutrogena sunscreen recalls! With years of experience and expertise, DoNotPay can help you get your recall/refund for a wide range of other products, medications, and vehicles, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay provides a wide range of services, including:
If you have a recalled product, you're not alone. Many people find themselves in the hands of a recalled product, medication, or vehicle that they need to make a claim for.
We know that navigating the recall process can feel overwhelming, but it certainly doesn't have to be. DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful at helping you make a recall claim and helping you check to see if your product has been recalled. Sign up today to get started.