How To Handle a Subaru Impreza Recall
In the last few years, Subaru has issued multiple as well as recalls on other Subaru models. When car manufacturers make mistakes, the costs can be deadly to people driving the vehicle. That's why finding out about recalls and getting them fixed is essential for any car owner and should be done as soon as possible.
Finding and submitting a claim for a can be a challenge. Many cars are created each year, and not every car will come with the same safety issues. Thankfully, there's an easier solution for finding a Subaru recall for your Impreza model. Our handy online service can help you find any recall on your car and get the problem fixed right away.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Subaru Impreza Recall?
First things first, you need to find out what your vehicle might have been recalled for. Then, you'll need to talk to Subaru to get the problem fixed. Here are a few steps you can take.
1. Find the Correct Recall
On September 1st of 2021, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) issued a Subaru Impreza recall on at least 802 2021 vehicles. The recall stated that a "lower control arm weld on the front driver's side may fail on affected vehicles." This failure could lead to tires hitting the wheel well and causing a crash.
However, according to cars.com, several other recalls have been issued on various Subaru Impreza models as well. These include:
|Fuel pump failure||2018-2020 Impreza models.|
|Ignition coil failure||2017-2019 Impreza models.|
|A loose nut||Certain 2021 Impreza models|
|Failing low-pressure fuel pumps||2019 Impreza models|
|Faulty Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve||2017-2018 Impreza models|
|Bad fuel line||2017 Impreza models|
|Malfunctioning rearview camera||2017 Impreza models|
To determine the best next steps, you'll need to determine which Impreza model you have and which recall applies to it. To do so, you can enter your VIN on Subaru's website. You can also find this information on the NHTSA website or by calling 888-327-4236.
2. Contact Subaru
Once you've found the correct recall on your vehicle, you can reach out to Subaru's customer support team for more information. They should be able to explain the process of claiming a recall for your car. The number for customer service is 1-800-782-2783, while for recent recalls, the number you should call is 1-844-373-6614.
3. Get Your Car Fixed
After you contact them, Subaru will probably ask you to come in and get your car checked out. Subaru team members will make sure your vehicle has no faulty parts that could cause a crash. They will replace the faulty part free of charge and get you back on the roads if they find an issue.
As you can see, the process is fairly straightforward as long as you have the time to talk to Subaru and as long as the customer support members know what they're talking about. Then, all you have to do is find the right time to drive over to your local dealership and get your Impreza fixed.
How Do I Find Updates on the Subaru Impreza Recall?
Every time a recall occurs, Subaru sends out letters to the owners of the recalled vehicle. It's important that you pay attention to notices you receive in the mail that might indicate a recall.
However, it is certainly possible (and indeed, easy) to miss a recall letter. Whether it got swept up in your junk mail or went to the wrong address, you could have received a recall notice without realizing it. In that case, it's important to have a backup plan in place for finding out about recalls.
- One way to find out about recalls as they happen is to keep an eye on your vehicle status on Subaru's website. If a recall is issued, it will show up first on your health status screen.
- Another way is to add the NHTSA's SaferCar App to your phone and enter your car VIN and other product information (i.e., on car seats, trailers, etc.). The app will alert you when a recall goes out.
If you're like most people, you might not be interested in constantly checking the Subaru website or downloading yet another app to your already full phone. So, is there an easier way to find out about the Subaru Impreza recall on your car and get it reported? There is!
How DoNotPay Makes the Subaru Impreza Recall Easy to Navigate
It's easy to use the DoNotPay app to find information on the latest recalls on your Subaru Impreza. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- We'll automatically check against the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle has been involved in any recalls.
- We'll generate a report summarizing all of the recalls, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediations, and more.
It's that easy! You can find out super detailed information with a few simple bits of information. And when you need to schedule a time to take your car in for repairs, DoNotPay can help with that too!
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) for which you want to schedule your appointment.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask for your vehicle to be repaired for free.
Does DoNotPay Handle Other Types of Recalls?
Absolutely! Here are just a few of the types of product recalls we've handled:
- Dog food recalls
- Philips CPAP recall
- Peloton recalls
- California-specific recalls
- Neutrogena sunscreen recalls
- Sunscreen recalls (other brands)
- Metformin recall
- Tyson Chicken recalls
- Even Hot Pocket recalls!
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements Using DoNotPay:
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
How Else DoNotPay Can Help
You can do much more than just claim recalls with help from DoNotPay. You can solve all sorts of vehicles and other problems with DoNotPay! For example, you can:
DoNotPay works seamlessly across all kinds of platforms to help you solve your problems with just a few clicks. If you need help with your Subaru recall on Impreza, saving money, or just learning how to deal with issues, for help today.