How to Save on Stucco Repair Costs
Stucco is a construction material that can last for more than 100 years, but it doesn't imply that it is indestructible. Stucco can develop cracks that can allow water to penetrate and cause damage to the surface. vary based on the extent of the damage.
If you plan to repair stucco, ensure that you save costs by using DoNotPay’s helpful repairs product. Our product helps you get competitive rates for repairs for different appliances like a Watch screen, Safelite glass, refrigerator, and Mac.
How Much Do Stucco Repairs Cost?
The cost of repairing stucco depends on the cause of the damage, the type of stucco, and the extent of the destruction.
On average, you will spend around $900 to $3000 on repairing stucco, with most homeowners incurring approximately $1700. Woodpecker holes cost up to $250 to repair, while you could spend upwards of $5000 on two entire walls of EIFS stucco.
Stucco Repair Cost per Square Foot
Some damages are easy to fix, while others need a complete replacement of the item on an entire wall; hence, stucco repair has an extensive range of prices from $8 to $50 per square foot. However, it can cost as high as $129 a square foot for very complicated damages.
In most cases, it is hard to find the exact cause of the damage, which is included in the aggregate repair costs. Thus, the more complicated the damage, the higher the repair cost per square foot.
Repair Cost by Type of Stucco
Stucco repair costs range from $8 to $50 per square foot because stucco comes in different types with some more prone to damage than others. The following list contains based on types:
|Cement stucco repair||Common type in the market and is mainly installed in a three-coat system with cement layers. Depending on the extent of the damage, the repair cost ranges from $8 to $20.|
|Synthetic Stucco repair||Unlike cement stucco, this type is designed with acrylic and does not breathe; hence it is prone to damage by moisture. Its repair costs range from $30 to $50 per square foot.|
|EIFS Stucco repair||$30 and $50 per square foot on an EIFS stucco repair. Unlike other types, EIFS stucco always requires intensive repair and invasive repair approaches.|
Repair by the type of damage
Depending on the type of damage, you can pay a repair cost ranging from $1 to $50 per square foot or 250 to $450 per hole. The issue causing the damage must be addressed correctly, and the labor cost is accrued in the final price. Pricing information on a type basis includes:
- Discolored stucco: You will pay around $1 to $5 per square foot to remove discolored stucco. The mode of repair for such stucco is power wash. But for severe discoloration, the entire house must be power washed to save time and ensure the issue is solved.
- Cracked stucco exterior: on average, it costs $8 to $20 to repair a cracked stucco. Depending on what has caused the cracking, it could be repaired on the exterior or require an entire replacement.
- Repairing woodpecker holes: You could incur $250 to $450 to patch your stucco, depending on the size of the hole and the extent of the damage.
- Repairing water damage: if water penetrates through a stucco, it can rot with a black or green stain on the sliding surface. The only way to patch it is through replacement and installing new material. Hence, the repair cost ranges from $30 to $50 per square foot.
- Repairing foundation: foundation problems can result in widespread cracks. Thus, a repair requires the removal of the entire material in the affected area. The cost of repairs is approximately $8 to $30 per square foot.
How to Get a Repair for Stucco?
Even though you can repair the stucco yourself, finding a professional to perform the task is recommended. You can get an expert to repair your stucco through different channels like:
- Contacting friends and families to recommend an independent contractor, or
- Visiting a retail shop to help you get a professional to help you repair the item
The costs for repairing your stucco depend on the extent of damage and the type of stucco. But you don't have to worry about that, since DoNotPay can help you find competitive rates for stucco repair in your area to help you avoid huge expenses. DoNotPay also enables you to repair GE appliances and Samsung products.
Use DoNotpay to Find the Lowest Repair Cost
If you want help finding the best quote and information about avoiding excessive stucco repair fees, turn to DoNotPay for help. Save money on stucco repairs by following these steps:
- Search for Quote My Repair on DoNotPay.
- Enter the details of the repair you need.
- Let DoNotPay find competitive rates for that repair in your area and any relevant information to keep you from being overcharged.
DoNotPay works across all companies/entities/groups with the click of a button.
We serve you in areas like:
- Nintendo Joy-con repair
- Apple repair
- Sear appliances repair
- iPhone screen repair cost
What Else Can DoNotPay Do to Help You Save Time and Money?
Repairs are not our only specialty. We also assist with:
for DoNotPay to start saving on repairs today.