How to Get the Best Price Quotes for Your Apple Watch Screen Repair
Purchasing an Apple product can be considered an investment. However, like with all electronics, your Apple Watch is not exempt from wear and tear with time. Impact on your Apple Watch may cause its screen to break, and we all know how expensive repairs can be.
Luckily, DoNotPay can give you a negotiating advantage by helping you find competitive rates for your Apple Watch screen repair. We can also help you flag repair shops or repairers that overcharge you or are non-existent. Read on to find out how.
How Much Does Apple Charge for iWatch Screen Repairs?
Apple doesn't replace Apple Watch screens for free, as accidental damage is not covered under warranty. However, if you have AppleCare+, you'll be charged a service fee for your Apple Watch screen repair as follows:
|Apple Watch and Apple Nike+ watch models||$69|
|Apple Watch Hermès, Apple Watch Edition models||$79|
If you do not have AppleCare+, you will pay a higher out-of-warranty fee ranging between $159 and $800, depending on your Apple Watch model. A shipping fee of $6.95 is charged for out-of-warranty services that require shipping.
How to Get a Screen Repair for Your Apple Watch from Apple
Apple Watch repairs are not done in-store. Instead, you send your watch to an Apple Repair Center for specialized service. You can do this in two ways:
- Ask an Apple Store technician or Apple Authorized Service Provider to mail it on your behalf.
- Send in your Apple Watch by yourself. Apple will provide shipping instructions and packaging.
Alternatively, if you have AppleCare+, you can request Express Replacement Service. Prior to dispatching your broken Apple Watch, the tech giant will send a replacement watch to you.
Generally, repair and replacement services take up to 5 business days.
Besides, before you ship your Apple Watch for service, it is worth noting the following:
- Remove and keep your band and other accessories like the charging cable.
- If you made unauthorized modifications to your watch or caused catastrophic damage, you will be required to pay the full replacement value fee.
- Your replacement Apple Watch may contain new or previously used genuine Apple parts. The parts have been tested and passed Apple's functional tests.
Can I Get a Refund From Apple Instead?
No. Screen damage to your Apple Watch is classified as accidental damage and is neither covered under warranty nor eligible for return or refund. Read about Apple's refund policy to learn more about the return and refund process and eligibility.
Are There Cheaper Options for Apple Watch Screen Repairs?
Apple's screen repair charges are pretty high, sometimes more than half the watch's price. This is because Apple replaces your damaged Apple Watch with a new one and uses your damaged watch for parts.
Alternatively, third-party or independent providers can repair your Apple Watch for a lower price. However, you lose the following:
- Water-resistant feature for Series 2 watches or higher. You won't swim with it or generally use it in water.
- Force touch may no longer work on your watch, as you'd need to press the screen firmly.
How Can I Avoid Excessive Apple Watch Screen Repair Fees?
When looking for third-party providers to repair your Apple Watch screen, you need to be aware of any unnecessary charges:
- Beware of cheap iPhone watch replacement parts. A provider can charge you more than what they paid for the part, claiming it to be 'original.'
- If you do not know what exactly is broken in your watch, the shop may charge you for iWatch repairs or replacements that they never made.
- In the worst case, some notorious shops may break and repair iWatch functioning parts at your expense.
Therefore, you need to get multiple quotes for your Apple Watch repair. You can then compare them to rule out providers trying to rip you off. Regrettably, this process can be lengthy, tedious, and frustrating.
DoNotPay can help you find the best prices for your Apple Watch screen repair near you. We can also help you spot shops and mechanics that try to overcharge you.
Use DoNotPay to Repair Your Apple Watch Screen at the Best Price
At DoNotPay, we ensure that you have the best chance of saving every penny possible for all your repair needs. Do not pay what you shouldn't again.
Here’s how to start saving on repairs with DoNotPay:
- Search for Quote My Repair on DoNotPay.
- Enter the details of the repair you need.
- Let DoNotPay find competitive rates for that repair in your area and any relevant information to keep you from being overcharged.
That's it! DoNotPay will find out all the necessary information to keep you from being overcharged.
DoNotPay Can Help You With More Repairs
We can help you find the best repair rates, not only for your Apple Watch but also for other devices like iPhone screen, Mac, iPad, Samsung phones, and Nintendo Joy-Con. We can also help you find cost-effective repairs for LG refrigerators, GE Appliances, Sears appliances and even Safelite auto glass.
What More Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
Outside of repairs, DoNotPay can help you solve issues like:
- Get a refund from any company
- Claim warranties within minutes
- Terminate subscriptions and memberships
- Receive compensation for airline flights
- Sue individuals and companies at a small claims court
- Avoid long queues when getting in touch with any company's customer support
Learn more about how DoNotPay can help you!