Fight StubHub Fees and Get Them Waived Effortlessly
StubHub is a secondary-market ticket exchange and resale provider. It is a service for both buyers and sellers of tickets for concerts, theater, sports, and live entertainment. If you're looking to buy tickets, but want to avoid , DoNotPay can help.
How Much Does StubHub Charge per Transaction?
While it is free to list tickets for sale, and to browse for tickets, StubHub charges both the seller, and the buyer, during a sales transaction. According to StubHub there is no set percentage for fees.
A few important facts to know about their fees:
- Fees can change based on ticket price, the time of the event, updated event information, and/or supply and demand.
- The listed fees are good only for the current browsing session. Fees may change if you leave your browsing session and return to browse for tickets.
- Stated fees may be different between the website and the app.
How to Reduce or Avoid Fees with StubHub
It is unlikely that you will be able to avoid fees altogether, and it is difficult to predict the exact amount of fees ahead of time. Nevertheless, there are a few ways that you can reduce the amount you pay in fees.
|Sometimes StubHub may run promotions or discounts. Keep an eye out for these, and you may be able to save on tickets with promotional or discount codes. The savings may be enough to cover the fees.
|Sometimes retailers offer discounts on gift cards. If you buy a lot of tickets, it may be in your interest to buy gift cards when they are discounted. Then you can use the full value of the gift cards to purchase your tickets. The percentage you saved when buying the gift card may cover some or all of the StubHub fees.
|Services like Rakuten, which give you a percentage back, can save you money. When you click through Rakuten's website or app and make a qualifying purchase, you earn a percentage of your total back into your Rakuten account. When you reach the payout amount, you'll get a check or Paypal deposit. While regular cash back is currently 1.0% for MLB and 2.0% for most other categories on Rakuten, they may offer higher percentages throughout the year. If you happen to catch a good promotion during the sale of tickets for an event you desire, you can consider it saved money on your fees.
|Wait it Out
|As event dates get closer, sellers may drop the price to recoup some of their money. If the tickets are not in high demand, you may be able to get the tickets cheaper and/or pay less in fees.
|Do your research and compare prices. Depending on supply and demand, you might be able to find tickets from the original source, or you may find tickets on other platforms for a better overall price when you factor in fees.
Let DoNotPay Assist With StubHub Fees
With services like StubHub, there will inevitably be service fees that are unavoidable. However, sometimes mistakes happen. If you were charged an incorrect fee or otherwise believe you have a case to fight a , DoNotPay can help make your case. In fact, we can help you request fee waivers for any company.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay recognizes that your time is valuable. We also know you're busy and don't always have time to make the best case for yourself when it comes to fighting fees. We want to help you save both time and money.
We simplify the process of fighting fees, and we can help you request fee waivers for any company or service, including the following:
- Spirit Airline Baggage Fees
- American Airline Baggage Fees
- Ebay Fees
- Coinbase Fees
- Robinhood Fees
- Paypal Seller Fees
- HOA Fees
- Etsy Fees
- Chase Checking Account Fees
- Shopify Fees
DoNotPay can also save you money, time and stress involving other online transactions when we help you with chargebacks or returning items. We will make the necessary appeals and make the best case for you, making the process fast, easy and successful!
What Else can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you with online purchases and fees is just one of the many services DoNotPay provides. We can help you with other tasks and issues as well:
- Discover and Apply for Scholarships
- Contact Embassies and Consulates
- Notarize Documents
- Find the Correct Standardized Documents
- Create Passport Photos
- Reducing Property Taxes
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Appeal Banned Accounts
- File a Complaint
DoNotPay can assist you with any issue or concern, so let us help today!