How to Deal With Stamford Parking Tickets
Parking ticket fines are costly, but avoidable. This article will explain all you need to know about a parking citation in Stamford, Connecticut, and how you can fight it! It will also introduce you to DoNotPay, a reliable service that can help you beat any parking ticket in seconds!
Parking Citation Penalties in Stamford
The city of Stamford recognizes 34 parking violations, each one with a fine that you must pay if you commit the violation. The following table is an overview of each violation, and the fine you must pay for each:
|Parking on Sidewalk||03||$80|
|Wrong Way on Street||04||$80|
|Parking within 25 inches of Crosswalk||05||$80|
|Parking within 50 inches of Railroad Crossing||06||$80|
|Parking on a Bridge Elevated||07||$120|
|Parking Within 25 inches of a Street Corner or Intersection||08||$80|
|Parking without a valid permit or failure to present a valid permit||09||$80|
|Blocking a Driveway||10||$50|
|Parking in a safety zone||11||$80|
|Parking within 30 inches of a flashing beacon, a traffic control signal or a stop sign||12||$80|
|Obstructing a street excavation||13||$80|
|Parking over 12 inches from a curb||14||$80|
|Parking within 20 inches on the same side of a fire station or 75 inches on the street opposite to a fire station.||15||$80|
|Occupying more than one space in a parking lot||16||$50|
|Parking in a commercial loading zone||17||$50|
|Parking on a crosswalk||18||$80|
|Parking near an official sign that prohibits stopping or parking||19||$80|
|Parking on a fire lane||20||$80|
|Parking on a bus stop||22||$80|
|Parking within 10 inches of a fire hydrant||23||$120|
|Parking on a handicapped space||24||$175|
|Overnight commercial parking in Residential Area||25||$120|
|Parking in an area that is restricted to those with a residential permit only||26||$90|
|Parking within an intersection||27||$80|
|Parking on a snow emergency route||28||$120|
|Parking on the city right of way||29||$80|
|Misuse of a parking lot permit issued by the city||30||$120|
|Overtime commercial parking in a residential area||31||$80|
|Alternate side parking that leads to snow accumulation||32||$25|
|Parking in a space for more than 120 hours||33||$50|
|Impound order due to unpaid parking tickets||35||$50|
How Do I Pay a Parking Ticket in the City of Stamford?
You have a few options when paying a parking fine in Stamford. When paying a parking ticket, you must submit the following information:
- Ticket number
- License plate number
- Full name and address
- Email address
- Phone Number
The following list is an overview of where and how you can pay your fee:
- Online payment using a credit or debit card on the link found here. The accepted payment methods include Visa, Amex, Discover and MasterCard, as well as debit cards.
- If your citation number starts with SC and you cannot see it on the online system, contact (203) 977-4979 or send an email to email@example.com with a scan or picture of the citation
- You can pay in person at the parking office located on 888 Washington Boulevard, 1st Floor, Stamford, CT 06901. Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:15 AM – 4:15 PM.
- You can pay using a check, cash, money order or a credit or debit card.
- Their phone number is: (203) 977-4979
- Their fax is: (203) 977-5545
- Pay the ticket by mailing the ticket with a check or money order payable to the City of Stamford. Mail it to: City of Stamford, PO Box 120059, Stamford, CT 06912-0059
- Note that: if you are mailing in your payment, do not send cash!
Do I Need a Lawyer to Dispute a Parking Citation in Stamford?
The answer is no! A parking ticket lawyer will likely cost more than the ticket itself. The majority of lawyers charge per hour, and their costs lie between $100 to $1000! This price range is not affordable and is not necessary to pay. DoNotPay offers you an equivalent service for free so that you will save more money.
Hiring a lawyer is not necessary, and is extremely expensive. However, if you do want a lawyer, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you must conduct proper research, which includes looking for reviews of the lawyer from their previous clients and references for the lawyers.
- Be aware of scammers disguising themselves as real lawyers online and offline. To avoid being scammed, ensure that the lawyer can provide you with a physical address for their law firm,
- Before hiring a lawyer, you must check their credentials and their success rate with previous clients.
Contest Parking Tickets in Stamford with DoNotPay
If you follow these five simple steps, then you can dispute a parking ticket in less than two minutes. All you have to do is:
- Open DoNotPay on your browser and go to the Parking Ticket product
- Answer a series of questions including: which state you got the ticket from, your ticket number, and a photo of the ticket
- Tell us a bit more on why you believe the ticket was wrongfully given
- Choose whether you want DoNotPay to send it for you or if you want to send it yourself
- Provide the mailing address of the traffic ticket issuer
These are all the steps you need to take to get an automatic appeal letter from DoNotPay! How easy was that?
DoNotPay Helps You With More!
- Create standardized legal documents
- Report workplace discrimination to the EEOC
- Create a divorce settlement agreement
- Contact government representatives
- Get copyright protection
- And a whole lot more!