Fight Unfair Spirit Change Fees and Get Your Money Back Now
It doesn't matter why you book a flight, but sometimes life happens and you need to change your itinerary. Most airlines charge a fee for customers to cancel or change their flights, and the fee policies can vary from airline to airline. This can be especially frustrating if it is due to an emergency situation. Imagine you have a loved one in the hospital or you had a house fire, and you've decided to cancel your vacation, and now Spirit wants to charge you a fee for each ticket reservation! The closer you are to the date of the flight, the higher the fee is too! If you want to understand how to avoid or have Spirit change fees waived, DoNotPay can help.
An Overview of Spirit Change Fees
Spirit Airlines, Inc. is known as an ultra-low-cost carrier. They operate flights throughout the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
How to Cancel or Change Your Flight
If you find yourself needing to change your flight, there are six different ways you can make changes or cancellations:
- Go online to My Trips and enter your name and confirmation number. Follow directions to change/cancel a flight.
- Text Spirit at 48763.
- Contact Spirit on WhatsApp using 855-728-3555.
- Send a direct message on social media.
- Call Spirit at 855-728-3555.
- Speak to a Guest Service Agent at the airport.
Spirit's Current Change or Cancellation Fee Policy
Changes can be made up to one hour before the scheduled departure, but Spirit change fees are based on how far from the departure date you cancel or change your flight.
|0-2 Days from Departure||$99|
|3-6 days from departure||$79|
|7-59 days from departure||$49|
|60+ days from departure||Free|
As you can see, the fees increase as you get closer to your flight, so the sooner you can cancel, the less you pay.
How to Avoid Spirit's Change Fees on Your Own
If you change your mind about your itinerary or need to change for unexpected circumstances, there are a few ways you can try to avoid the change/cancellation fees.
- Cancel within 24 hours of booking. If your flight is seven or more days away, you are eligible for a full refund in the original form of payment
- Request the change or cancellation more than 60 days from departure to change for free.
- Reach out to Spirit via any of the methods outlined above for canceling/changing your flight and request a fee waiver. Try different methods of contact if necessary, because you'll likely reach different guest service agents each time.
- See if Spirit offers a travel waiver for inclement weather or other issues.
- If your flight schedule changes ahead of time, such as departure time, try requesting a change/cancellation without the associated fee.
- Book with a credit card or travel rewards program that offers trip cancellation or interruption insurance.
- Don't pay until you have to. For instance, if you're six days away from departure, try to hold out until day three (before the fee rises) to see if there are any changes or cancellations to your flight that would result in a refund or free change by the airline.
Let DoNotPay Request a Waiver for Your Spirit Change Fees
DoNotPay understands that life happens. If you are too busy or overwhelmed to appeal the change or cancellation fee with Spirit, DoNotPay can do the work for you.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay?
We know your time is valuable. We know you are busy. We can help you start the process of requesting a fee waiver for Spirit change fees right now. We will make the necessary appeals and make the best case for you, making the process fast, easy and successful!
What else can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay can also help you request a waiver for Spirit Airline Baggage Fees, or fight and waive any type of fees, including:
- American Airline Baggage Fees
- Ebay Fees
- Coinbase Fees
- Robinhood Fees
- Paypal Seller Fees
- HOA Fees
- Etsy Fees
- Chase Checking Account Fees
- Shopify Fees
In fact, with DoNotPay's "Airline Services" product, we can help you make changes to your reservation, demand refunds or find lost bags. You can handle all of your flight issues right here at any time!
DoNotPay can assist you with any issue or concern, so let us help today!