How to Snag the Samsung Washer Recall
The occurred between 2010-2016 when the company was notified of a major problem with top-loading washers. These models have been impacted: the wa48h7400aw, wa45k7600aw, the wa40j3000aw, the wa50r5200aw, and the wa45m7050aw.
DoNotPay can assist you in making a claim for recalls involving these models, and it may be done fast.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Samsung Washer Recall?
The Samsung Washer recall is actually a complicated process that involves a bit of research to fix on one's own. Basically, the company offers two different options for resolving the issue:
|Obtain a free in-home repair for the impacted models (see photo inserts on the Samsung website here)
|Contact them for a rebate to use on a new Samsung or other brand models
What Happened With the Samsung Washer Pump Recall?
When it comes to replacing the machine, some customers were impacted and may prefer to get an entirely new washing machine after the machines had a tendency to break and become destabilized. If the machine drums were impacted, then the washer top could explode and fly off. This posed a risk to consumers and Samsung lost the lawsuit.
Other consumers may not have been as adversely hindered and may wish to get their Samsung exploding washer recall repair kit and fix from the makers. In general, pursuing either option can be complicated and involves contacting the company itself at the very least. The settlement with the in the USA at least allowed the customers and company to make amends and repair the damage when it negatively impacted the public.
Who Is Eligible for the Samsung Washer Repair Recall?
Again, the washer recall impacted specific models within the years that the company produced them and distributed them to the public. How can someone tell if their washer or dryer was involved?
- Note that the washers currently being sold in stores in 2021 are not impacted and have automatically been upgraded.
- Check whether the machine is front-loading (window in the front) as these are not involved
If the washer in your home thus far qualifies, then check the serial number to determine a more precise answer.
- Look for the serial number on the rear or lid of the washer
- Check for the model numbers wa48h7400aw, wa45k7600aw, wa40j3000aw, wa50r5200aw, or wa45m7050aw
- If these models have been impacted, then proceed with the recall or repair that you deserve.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My Product?
While it would seem ideal that recalls occur in an ideal world, companies are not always known for issuing recalls to consumers since it costs them money and will sometimes fight claims. Since this is a fairly large settlement, the company might have hired employees to examine the claims themselves. DoNotPay knows that the customer must provide evidence of these claims, such as showing that they have proof they bought a Samsung washing machine and fits the description.
Allow DoNotPay to help join the fight for a Samsung washer recall, refund, or replacement.
How to File Claims for the Samsung Washer Recall With DoNotPay
With the Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps in getting the item repaired. While they should adhere to the terms of their settlement, DoNotPay will help you along the way.
DoNotPay can help with filing claims for recalls and other prior purchases, such as
- Car recalls by VIN
- All recalls occurring in the State of California
DoNotPay also covers recalls ranging from the Philips CPAP, Neutrogena sunscreen, other sunscreens, Tyson chicken, hot pockets to dog food. This service can also provide information on the Peloton and Metformin recall and enjoys making this process easier to file.