Taking Down Your Personal Information From Truthfinder: Protecting Your Privacy
We have all been warned about the dangers of the internet and to be cautious about the information we make available to the digital world because when personal information is shared on the internet, it's out there forever.
In particular, it is incredibly difficult to remove personal information from reverse lookup tools like TruthFinder.
Truthfinder Provides Data About a Person When Their Name Is Entered Into Their Search Engine
The most basic search function will reveal a scary amount of personal information including home addresses, photos, and phone numbers. More advanced searches on Truthfinder will display a person 's complete identity and including:
- Traffic/criminal records
- Educational history
- Political Affiliations
- Possible relatives, friends, relationships, and even exes
- Photos and social media accounts
- Census data
- Professional licenses
- Permit applications
- Financial assets
How Does Truthfinder Find My Personal Information?
While they feel like a significant invasion of privacy, reverse lookup tools like TruthFinder are perfectly legal.
They work by first scanning the internet and then consolidating all the available information on one page. Technically , anyone would be able to access this information on their own, TruthFinder just makes it much faster. Your personal information is poached from the following places:
|Public information records||Online registries|
|Social media profiles||Publications|
Luckily, there are some restrictions on how information found on Truthfinder can be used. Because it is not a Consumer Reporting Agency, TruthFinder cannot be used to screen for employment or housing.
But it is no less unsettling to know that your detailed personal information is just a few clicks away for anyone, anytime.
Why Is It So Difficult to Remove Personal Information Internet?
In order to remove your personal information from reverse lookup tools, you would have to remove your personal information from each reporting entity individually...which is next to impossible in today 's world.
You may need to take several approaches to remove your personal information from the internet, including:
- Requesting removal directly from search engines like Google.
- Filing privacy complaints with the platform or the BBC.
- Formally "Opt-out" of sharing information via data brokers.
- You can hire an expert to do it.
Your personal information and data are valuable commodities for reverse lookup tools and data brokers. So they don't make it easy to have it removed from the internet. Luckily, DoNotPay is able to help protect your privacy.
How Can You Remove Personal Information From Truthfinder on Your Own?
To on your own, you need to:
- Visit the opt-out site, where you'll be prompted to enter your name, city, and state.
- You'll be directed to a search results page and asked to identify your record via confirmation of age and known relatives.
- You'll select your record and click "Remove this Record."
- You'll be prompted to enter your email address for confirmation.
- You'll receive a confirmation email from TruthFinder and be prompted to take action.
- Once you've confirmed your email, the record will be removed within 48 hours.
It's a lot of work to protect your privacy. With DoNotPay, you don't have to do the work of removing your personal information on your own.
Remove Your Personal Information From Truthfinder With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay wants to put you in control of how your personal information is shared.
Through the Take-Down Personal Information Product, DoNotPay will help you remove personal information from Google searches, YouTube videos/comments, and the most common
Why You Should use DoNotPay to Protect Your Personal Information on the Internet
- It 's Fast - Save yourself time with the efficiency of a robot lawyer.
- It 's Easy - It's just a few clicks from start to finish.
- It 's Affordable - It only costs a few dollars each month to use DoNotPay's numerous services.
- It 's Successful - We'll get your personal information removed across all entities. Not just Truthfinder
How to Get Your Personal Information Taken Down From the Internet Using DoNotPay
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
DoNotPay Works Across Multiple Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Rest assured knowing your information is secure. DoNotPay's takedown personal information product can:
- Help remove all your information from Google itself.
- Remove information from Whitepages, Facebook, and Spokeo.
- Protect your phone number from Google.
- Remove photos from Google Images.
- Remove your name from organ donor registry in places like California.
- Remove your information from other data brokers like MyLife.
What else can DoNotPay do?
As the world's first robot lawyer, we can do so much more for you in protecting your online privacy. Some other things we can do include:
- Deal with small claims court cases.
- Stop online stalking and harassment.
- Stop spam in emails, texts, or emails.