Remove My Resume From Online - All You Need to Know
You know that a current resume is vital when you're looking for opportunities. In the past, all you had to do was type one up, print it out, and hand it to prospective employers. You may even have mailed a resume in the past. These days, it's more common for applicants to have a digital resume. It's fast and convenient for both the employer and the applicant. Once you've found a position, how do you ?
Your resume contains a huge amount of personal information that can be used for several purposes. Information revealed in this document may include:
- Your name
- Contact information
- Past employers
- Current employers
DoNotPay can help you maintain your privacy by removing your old online resume information.
Is It Difficult to Remove Old Resumes From the Internet?
If you've been looking for a new job for a while, odds are you've submitted your resume to several websites such as the following:
The benefit of having your resume listed on this kind of site is that it's easier for employers to spot you and your talents. Unless you specifically request your resume information to be deleted, it stays there, leaving you exposed.
How Do I Delete My Resume Information Online Myself?
If you want to take charge of who sees your resume online, you'll need to be prepared because it won't be easy. This may also be a time-consuming process, depending on how long your resume has been posted, where it's posted, and your technical skills. The process usually involves:
- Logging into your account on the employment site.
- Follow the specific instructions for the platform.
- Delete your resume, or your entire account, and save your changes.
- Repeat this process for every site you've uploaded a resume to.
- Follow up with each site to make sure the data has been deleted.
The biggest problem with trying to get your resume removed from an online database yourself is that it takes time. You don't want to scour the internet trying to remember where your resume is listed. But you know it needs to be done.
What If I Can 't Get My Resume Deleted On My Own?
There are numerous reasons your resume may not be deleted when you request it. Perhaps your email address has changed, your internet connection was cut off, or you didn't completely verify your identity in order to facilitate the change. Regardless, it's frustrating. DoNotPay takes the pain and frustration out of deleting your personal information and resume from online providers.
Use DoNotPay to Remove Your Resume Online
Whether you've already attempted to remove your resume from a site yourself, or you'd rather have someone else do it, don't worry. When you use DoNotPay, your resume will be taken down fast with very little time or effort on your part.
How to Get Your Resume Taken Down From the Internet Using DoNotPay
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own resume deletion letter with DoNotPay in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Online Resume Removed?
When you're looking for a new job, you want to be as visible as possible. But, once you're settled in with a new organization, you don't want an old resume floating around. It's not just the fact that you're employed, it's also a matter of protecting your privacy. Deleting a resume with DoNotPay is beneficial because it 's fast, easy, and successful.
|Fast||You don't have to invest hours searching through the help files or submitting requests. DoNotPay does it all.|
|Easy||There are no complicated forms or extensive verifications with DoNotPay. Just fast results.|
|Successful||You can rest assured that DoNotPay will get your resume removed without hassles.|
DoNotPay Works Across Different Platforms, Websites, and Databases
Monster, JobStreet, Indeed, and ZipRecruiter are some of the biggest names in employment. But don't let their size intimidate you. Your personal information, including your resume, is yours to protect. No matter where your resume is listed, for you so you can take control of your privacy.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is the world 's first robot lawyer and there's plenty it can do. In fact, you may never need to hire a lawyer again! Just a few of the legal issues that DoNotPay can assist you with include:
- Delete your personal information from Google including phone numbers and photos
- Remove your name from White Pages
- Remove your name from MyLife
- Remove your name from Spokeo
- Stop spam emails for good
- File a complaint about a company
- Remove your name from an organ donor registry
- Remove your phone number from Facebook
- Appeal a banned account and get reinstated
- And much, much more.
If you're worried about outdated, inaccurate, or revealing resumes you've posted online or you've got other legal issues to deal with, DoNotPay is here to help. It's never been faster, or more convenient to manage legal problems.