How to Remove My Photo From Google Local Guide Quickly
Local guides earn points by adding photos to Google Maps. If you had your photos uploaded to the platform and want to delete them for one reason or another, it's possible to do so. Assuming you're wondering – how can I ? – continue reading for the tips. Generally, it's always advisable to remove your information from the internet (photos, contact details, etc.) whenever you stop using a service or platform. With data brokers eager to lay hands on your information for various purposes (marketing, health, financial, etc.), cleaning up your online trail can enhance your safety. Other times, it could be your photos are attached to information that you no longer want to be associated with. Either way, deleting the photos is an excellent step toward your peace of mind.
Why Is It So Difficult to Delete Personal Information From the Internet?
Getting your personal information from the internet can be difficult sometimes, especially if data brokers get ahold of it and circulate it on multiple sites. While it's possible to opt-out of the sites yourself, the process can be time-consuming, requiring you to hire someone to remove the information on your behalf. For instance, some sites might have lengthy removal rules, e.g., sending emails, filling out opt-out forms, etc., while others may lack a means of reaching them, making it difficult to get rid of the information. In the latter case, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), which may link you with the organization responsible for the specific infringement upon investigation. Ideally, the procedure is nerve-racking, not forgetting there's always a possibility of the information reappearing again.
How to Remove Your Photo From Google Local Guide
There are various methods of removing your photos from Google. Let's look at two of these methods.
Remove Your Photo from Google Local Guide on Your Own
One of the removal options is to do it yourself. If the photos only appear on Google Local Guide, you can delete them one by one following these steps.
- Visit Google Maps on your computer.
- Click the menu icon on the top left and select 'Your Contributions'.
- To view your contributed photos, click the Photos tab.
- Once the photos populate, go to the image you want to delete and click the more icon (the three vertical dots), then select Delete this photo.
|You can also reach Google through these contact information:|
|Manage Goggle Photos||Remove Photos|
If you have challenges removing the photo(s) or if it appears on other sites, maybe through data brokers' activities, you can request it to be removed using the opt-out choices provided by the sites. Alternatively, you can engage a data removal company, such as DoNotPay, to help you with the task.
Removing Your Photo From Google Local Guide Using DoNotPay
Keeping your personal information out of unwanted places on the internet can be a time-consuming process. If you have experienced the frustrations of deleting your photos and other data from Google, you can count on DoNotPay to ease up the burden for you.
All you need to do is create a cancellation letter using the following five easy steps.
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Remove Your Photo From Google Local Guide?
- Fast and convenient – DoNotPay helps you avoid the lengthy and tedious process of removing multiple photos.
- Easy - With DoNotPay, all you need to do is create a letter in five easy steps and they take care of the process on your behalf.
- Successful – You can count on DoNotPay's experience to do a complete clean-up.
DoNotPay Works Across Multiple Platforms With the Click of a Button
Besides , you can use DoNotPay to remove your personal information from other places on the internet. Examples include:
- Removing personal information from Google.
- Removing your number from Facebook.
- Removing your name from WhitePages.
- Removing your name from MyLife.
- Removing your name from Spokeo.
- Removing your phone number from Google.
- Removing your name from the organ donor registry in California.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Wondering what else DoNotPay can help you with? There are loads of other services you can outsource to the platform for fast and convenient execution. A few examples include:
- Lodging lawsuits in small claims court.
- Sex offender search
- Stalking and harassment
- Filing a complaint against a company
- Appealing a banned account
- Fighting text spam
- Compensation for victims of crime
- Fighting email spam
Removing personal data from the internet is a time-consuming and sometimes frustrating experience. If you were unsure how to take off your photo(s) from Google Local Guides, hope this has sorted your issue. However, should you need help with any other service we haven't listed above, do not hesitate to get in touch.