Remove My Phone Number From Public Listing and Protect My Private Information
It's no shock that so many people find their personal information online via a quick Google search, easily giving unwanted solicitors and strangers access to personal information. With so many businesses relying on the digital world, websites like Facebook often track your data when you visit them. Personal information such as your phone number or address becomes accessible on public listings.
It can be frustrating to find your information floating out there on the big wide web and a nuisance to try and remove your phone number or private info on your own. If you're not familiar with what you're doing, you'll most likely find a long list of tedious steps when you do an online search for ' 'or a variation of the question.
Fortunately, services like DoNotPay make the process convenient, quick, and long-lasting. If you're not sure how to remove your name and from record searches , we 've got you covered with everything you need to know.
Why Is It So Difficult to Get Personal Information Taken off the
On average, most people are aware their personal data is online in some form or capacity, but the average consumer isn't conscious of the innumerable ways their private information is being shared or used. Data brokers commonly buy, trade, and share the following details to make money:
- Phone Numbers and Addresses
- Educational and Employment records
- Voter Registry and Political Affiliations
- Dating Profiles and Social Media Accounts
This is why when you try to remove your phone number from personal searches, you'll find a seemingly endless list of steps. The reality is that when you search for things like 'how can I address and phone number', the brokers pulling the strings want it to be difficult so that they can continue making money.
How to Remove My Phone Number From Public Listing on My Own
When and information from record searches, you're likely going to be spending quite a few hours digging to find all of the places your information is publicly listed. In most situations, without additional help, which often costs money , you 're going to have to submit a request for each webpage. The following steps will provide you with the basics for removing your information.
- Google your phone number and name with dashes, without dashes, with parenthesis and various formats you can think of.
- Open a webpage in a new tab and attempt to locate their 'Opt-out' form.
- Verify there aren't multiple profiles, emails, or aliases for you on that website, and submit a removal request for each one you find.
- Repeat the process for each website you find your information on.
Unfortunately, when attempting to remove your public information on your own, it's not only a time-consuming project, but it can be challenging to do. Each webpage has its own set of rules for removing private information from its database, which means their forms will likely look different, and you'll have to submit requests repeatedly. In some cases, you may even have to attempt to determine who the data broker is for the website and contact them directly.
How to Remove Your Personal Information Taken Down From the Internet
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Quickly Remove Your Personal Information From the
If you're still typing 'how to remove my phone number from public listing' into the search bar yet finding your information out there - save yourself time, stress, and frustration. With DoNotPay, you'll enjoy:
|Convenience||Headache-free support that's as easy as following five steps|
|Timeliness||Quick results that ensure you have time to spend on more exciting things|
|Success||Reliable and long-lasting solutions|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Do not let removing your personal information be the only DoNotPay service you take advantage of. We have an array of other services that can provide you with quick and successful solutions for things like:
- Stalking and harassment
- Dealing with spam text messages
- Removing personal information from Google
- Remove your number from Facebook
- Getting your name off the organ donor registry
- Removing your photos from Google
- Filing a complaint
- Removing your private information from Whitepages
- Remove your name from Spokeo