How to Remove Your Name From Wikipedia Page In Seconds
Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia made by volunteers all over the world. The site covers various topics from celebrities to science, math, art, and so on. While Wikipedia has been a great tool in ensuring we stay informed and updated on several topics, you may feel violated if you find an article about yourself, especially one containing your personal details.
If you've been wondering how you can , you've come to the right place. DoNotPay will help you take your name out of the online encyclopedia and continue your life without worrying about your information being available on the internet.
Difficulties in Removing Your Name from Wikipedia page
There is a governing body concerned with publishing information on Wikipedia, which poses a challenge for anyone looking to . Not only that, the information and articles are usually created by different authors worldwide. Therefore, for you to gain access to an article and delete it would be an uphill task.
Trying to take down your name from the online encyclopedia is hard and time-consuming. You can't achieve it in one go by dialing a number or filling out a form. There is a complicated process that's not easy to navigate and might end up wearing you out.
Additionally, you may need to provide a good enough reason why you feel the article or your name should be removed. This may include you proving that the article was written with malice, the information is incorrect or insufficient sourcing of information.
The good news is that most times when Wikipedia mentions you, you have to be a person of great public interest, so if you're not a public figure, you may not find your name published on the site. But if you do, check out the subsequent headings.
How to Remove My Name from Wikipedia Page On My Own
Removing your name from a Wikipedia page may be challenging but not impossible. Here are some ways to remove your name from the site yourself. The only disclaimer to the following options is that you have to be the one who created the page yourself. Otherwise, these approaches won't work:
- If you want to edit your name out of a Wikipedia page you created, simply write the text to the top of the content, and it will be deleted.
- Contact the Wikipedia team to see if they can delete your name on their end if the article was written and published by a different author.
- You can check if the article containing your name meets the criteria for speedy deletion. If it does, you can mark it for deletion by writing to the top of the page. The reason part should be replaced with why you're requesting deletion.
Remember that all the above options may work, but it's not always guaranteed. Not only does it take time, but it also requires you to have a specific set of skills such as coding to ensure you get your name removed from Wikipedia properly.
Alternatively, you can pay someone else with experience in coding and software to remove your name from the site. But note that the service won't come cheap, so getting your name removed from Wikipedia is almost a near-impossible task.
|How to Contact Wikipedia for Support|
|Support Page||Contact Us|
|Postal Address||Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
1 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California 94104
Next Steps for When You Can't Remove Your Personal Information from Wikipedia on Your Own
If you aren't willing to spend your hard-earned resources or time you don't have on trying to remove your name from a Wikipedia page, you may need to find another viable option. DoNotPay understands how crucial privacy is and works on ensuring you get it back.
How To Remove My Name from Wikipedia Page with DoNotPay
Seeing your name on Wikipedia may alarm you, especially if it's associated with something negative or you think your personal information is being leaked through the site. If you don't have the skills to try to remove your name from a Wikipedia page or want a guaranteed approach, DoNotPay is your best option.
DoNotPay takes away the stress of deleting your name from the site and trying to track down all your compromised data from the internet. Our Remove My Information product ensures you can remove your name from Wikipedia with a few clicks and get back to living your best life.
Here's what to do:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Take Down Personal Information Across the Board with The Click of a Button
DoNotPay is a great option for when you want to remove your name from a Wikipedia page. Our Take Down Personal Information feature can also help you remove:
- Name from Spokeo
- Name from MyLife
- Phone number from Facebook
- Name from WhitePages
- Home address from the internet
- Name from the California organ donor registry
- Phone number from Google
- Photo from Google
- Personal information from Google
How Else Can We Be of Service?
Our services aren't limited to helping you remove your name from Wikipedia page. We are equipped to handle various problems, including:
- Receiving compensation after surviving a crime
- Conducting a sex offender search
- Suing anyone in small claims court
Regardless of the magnitude of your issue, DoNotPay will do its best to get you the help you need. Get started today.