How Do I Remove My Name From Amazon Reviews?
In a world where your personal information is almost always on display on the internet, it can be a hassle scouring the web incognito. It isn't entirely impossible, however. The first step, at least, is to remove your personal data from sites where you have already filled in your full name and other information. A popular site like Amazon, for instance, is one of the most common places people have their full name on display (particularly in their reviews!).
Are you wondering how to ? You're in luck! There are a couple of ways:
- Hire someone to remove your personal information
- Do it yourself
Doing it yourself is often more stressful than you'd think. Using DoNotPay makes it quick and easy to remove your personal information from company lists and internet sites. Our automated services can remove your personal information online platforms including industry-giant Google. This includes photos on Google and your phone number!
Why Would I Want to Remove My Name From Amazon Reviews?
There are several reasons why you may want to :
- You may not want sellers to contact you about your review
- You don't want people to know you bought the product you are reviewing
- You simply don't want your full name on display on any site on the internet
Either way, it can be a pain. You should also note that by taking your name off of the review, the seller can contact Amazon about getting your review removed from the platform. This is because by not using your full name, they can make the argument that it is not a credible review, or they may even fight back, saying it's a spam bot.
How Do I Remove My Name From Amazon Reviews on My Own?
To remove your Amazon review yourself, you will first have to go to follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Go to 'Your Profile.'
- Select the review you want to edit and click on the three horizontal dots in the right corner of it (you will have to do this several times if you want to edit several reviews. You cannot do all of them at once.).
- Click on 'edit review' to remove your name. However, you may also choose to 'delete review' or 'hide on my public profile' if you prefer.
- Click on 'Edit' beside your name.
- You cannot leave it blank, so you may enter 'Anonymous' or put in initials or just your first name.
This may not seem too daunting at first, but if you have many reviews to edit, it can get time-consuming and redundant. We recommend enlisting DoNotPay's help if you don't have the time to waste on changing each review individually.
In The Future, Can I Post Amazon Reviews Without My Name?
Yes! In fact, it's better that you do if you want to continue leaving reviews and wish to remove your name from older ones. You can do this by selecting one of the following options for your 'name' at the time of your review:
- Removing just your last name and keeping your first (recommend since it makes your review more credible without completely identifying yourself)
- Use first and last name initials
- Post your name as 'Anonymous.'
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Remove My Name From Amazon Reviews?
Removing your name from reviews on Amazon doesn't have to be a hassle — and it shouldn't be. That's why DoNotPay has made it a mission to skip over the hassle of taking down personal information from the internet so everyone can do it!
In fact, all you have to do to remove your name from Amazon reviews with DoNotPay is follow these steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
How Can I Make The Most Out of My Experience With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay can do much more than help you . You can even remove your name from California's Organ Donor Registry or organ donor registry from another state. Don’t worry about your personal information on the following sites, DoNotPay can remove them, too:
To make the most out of your experience with DoNotPay, you'll want to take advantage of all the incredible products and services DoNotPay has to offer. To name a few helpful products, you can use DoNotPay to do one or more of the following:
- Combat concert ticket scams.
- Contact the city and request City Repairs before someone gets hurt.
- Clean up your credit report before making a big purchase like a car or home.
Cancel anything with our help, and delete accounts you no longer want to use.