How To Claim A Fitbit Recall: DoNotPay As Your Solution
Those of you who bought a Fitbit in recent years to track your exercise routines are possibly aware of various recalls for their products. Back in 2014, they issued a recall on their FitBit Force products. In more recent years, they recalled other FitBit products for possible skin irritation.
Have you taken advantage of their recall efforts since these were issued? Claiming a recall is often a lot of work and usually involves filling out countless forms or other protracted procedures.
We'll make that process easier using .
How Do I Make a Claim for the FitBit Recall?
To make your claim for a FitBit recall (new or old), you have to visit their recall page. When the Fitbit Force was recalled, they provided a contact information form to fill out.
Once they have your contact information, they'll send you instructions on how to return your FitBit. Of course, that involves packaging it up in the return kit they send to you.
Then you have to provide contact information for a recall check. For the FitBit Force, it was $140. Getting these checks can take anywhere from two to four weeks to reach your mailbox once FitBit receives your recall receipt.
What Happened with the FitBit Recall?
The Fitbit Force recall in 2014 was due to the product causing skin allergies in those who wore the devices on their arms. Dermatitis was the common allergic reaction, creating an immediate recall letter from the CEO.
Later, FitBit had to recall similar products for skin irritation issues. They had to create a safety page to help people suffering from skin allergies learn how to properly use their devices to prevent further problems.
Care tips they offered included:
- How to keep the device clean.
- How to keep it dry.
- How not to wear the device too tight.
- How to remove the device to give your wrist a rest.
Who is Eligible for a FitBit Recall?
Anyone who bought a FitBit since that 2014 recall and after is eligible for the recall. You can still get a recall now if you stored away from an old Fitbit and just now started using one of the recalled versions.
Those who suffer from Dermatitis due to the material methacrylate used in the products are especially eligible. However, you don't necessarily have to suffer from a skin allergy to get a recall check.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My Product?
It's not always possible to get an immediate recall on a product without providing extensive evidence of what harm the product possibly did to you. Turning in that evidence, plus all your receipts is a very protracted procedure.
At DoNotPay, we make this process easier for products like FitBit. For instance, we provide a Product Recall Monitor that gives a list of the latest products up for recall.
Simply forward any receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
Recall Monitor works like this:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
How does DoNotPay help you make fast claims for refunds, repairs, or recalls on all other products? We help using these five easy steps:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from companies like Fitbit directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Recall from FitBit?
We've created three good reasons behind why you should use DoNotPay to help with :
- It's fast! No more having to visit FitBit's website to fill out forms and provide evidence that their products caused skin irritation.
- It's easy! We fill out all the forms for you so you don't have to.
- It's successful! Millions of people continue to use our DoNotPay app to help with product recalls. We guarantee the same results for you.
DoNotPay Works Across Many Other Companies for Recalls
Recalls occur across many products, such as dog food and sunscreen. And DoNotPay is there to help you with them, whether it's finding out which of your products have been recalled or getting reimbursement for purchasing a defective product. Be sure to check out the information on other product recalls that have occurred, such as:
|Medical and Exercise Equipment||
Also, we make recalls easier in specific states, like California, or via VIN.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
As the first AI service, we do so much more to make your life easier. We can help you claim a warranty, make insurance claims, or file complaints against major companies.
Visit us to find out more about our comprehensive features.