How to Win Your Claim for the Pedigree Dog Food Recall
Our dogs are part of our family, and we would never want to feed them food that is tainted or damaged. If your dog food of choice is Pedigree, you need to be aware of a recall that may include products you've bought. If you have dog food included in the , there are several things you can do to make a claim.
When you possess a shopper's card at a chain store, you may receive notification that you have suspect food. Usually these notifications are brand specific, and you will still have to check variety and date codes.
You may have heard about it on the local news but are unsure of what to do next. DoNotPay can help you make your claim quick and easy. Discover how this awesome Robot Lawyer can also check if you are eligible for other dog food recalls or products such as food items, skin care, medication, and automobiles.
How Can I Make a Claim for the Pedigree Dog Food Recall?
If you want to make a claim for the , determine that your purchase has been included in the variety and Best By date that is included in the recall. Immediately stop feeding the food to your dog and contact the Pedigree Customer Care by phone or by email. Vouchers will be offered once photographic proof has been provided with the product and expiration date visible.
Why Did Pedigree Issue This Recall?
Mars Petcare has issued this recall due to high levels of vitamin D present in the product. This may cause harm to your pet's health if consumed over a period of several weeks. They recommend seeking veterinary advice if your dog is showing signs of illness such as excessive drinking and urination.
Pedigree is no stranger to pet food recalls. Here are some instances that Pedigree recalled their products:
- In 2014 packages were recalled because of possible metal fragments in the bags.
- In 2012, recall of three of their products was done because of plastic that could pose a choking hazard.
- In 2008, there was a recall because of possible salmonella contamination.
For you and your family's safety, download DoNotPay today to check if there are items in your household that are contaminated and qualify for a recall.
Who Is Eligible for the Pedigree Dog Food Recall?
Each product will have a lot code printed on the bag that begins with 045, 046 or 047. You can also check the label for any of the following identification:
- Best Before 12 November 2021 (12.11.21)
- Best Before 6 February 2022 (06.02.22)
- Best Before 14 February 2022 (14.02.22)
- Best Before 15 February 2022 (15.02.22).
The products included in this recall are:
|Lot Code||Product Description|
|046D9MIN05||Pedigree Complete Dog Beef|
|045F9MIN0||Pedigree Complete Dry Chicken|
|046G9MI||Pedigree Complete Dry Chicken|
|047A9MIN05||Pedigree Complete Dry Chicken|
Can I Get an Immediate Refund for My Recalled Product?
In order to qualify for a complete replacement, you must have photographic proof that you purchased a product with the listed variety and lot code. You must get the toll-free number to call Customer Service at Mars PetCare and explain your problem, and they will give you instructions for filing a claim. When the claim is processed, you will receive a voucher for the replacement of your product.
Or you can use DoNotPay's Recall Product to quickly and easily claim your recall.
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Claim My Recall?
You must be familiar with long hours being on hold, trying to get through a brand's customer service hotline. Save yourself from listening to hours of hold music, only to be passed around from one department to the other. DoNotPay makes it:
- Fast - Forget about being put on hold and spending time looking up websites and phone numbers.
- Easy - With DoNotPay, you can avoid the confusion and frustration of filling out forms and answering the same questions multiple times.
- Successful - Rest assured that with DoNotPay, we will get the results that you are looking for.
Can DoNotPay Help With Other Recalls as Well?
You bet! We have a massive database for companies and products including a complete list of ongoing recalls. Here are a few of the countless product recalls that we can help you with:
- Philips CPAP
- California recalls
- Neutrogena sunscreen
- Car recalls by VIN
- Hot Pocket
- And many more!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is an excellent combination of technology and commitment. When getting expert advice typically burns a hole in one's pocket, this humble app can help you in so many ways for a very minimal amount. Whether you wish to claim a warranty, file an insurance claim, dispute a ticket for not using your seatbelt and even file a complaint against a company, let the Robot Lawyer take care of you.
Download the app today and experience the huge difference it can bring to your life.