Get Rid Of An OU Parking Ticket Without A Lawyer
You no longer have to pay parking fines at Oklahoma University as you can now appeal them with DoNotPay!
But there are things to know to avoid getting a ticket, like OU’s appropriate permits, parking times, and parking space rules. This article will go over everything you need to know about appealing and paying for a parking ticket from Oklahoma University.
Different Permits for Parking at OU
As you step into OU’s vast campus, one thing you need to learn about is the different permits provided and where they apply. Here are the permits and their prices below:
|Type||Cost per academic session (for 2021-2022)||Validity|
|Student permit||$274||For parking lots close to lecture areas and departments.
Valid from 7:00 am till 3:30 am
|Housing permit||$274||For parking lots close to on-campus residential areas.
Valid from 7:00 am
|Commuter permit||$274||For all parking lots except those specially reserved for staff or on-campus students.
Valid from 7:00 am
|Evening students permit||$97||For all parking lots except those reserved for staff, on-campus students, or the disabled.
Valid as from 3:30 am – during school periods
|Commuter and Law permit||$274||Specifically for the parking lot of the faculty of law. Valid from 7:00 am|
|Faculty/ staff permit||$311||For lots apportioned to staff and faculty workers.|
|Elm and Aap avenue parking permit||$1245||Park ticket for Aap avenue. Valid for a full year on a first come first serve basis.|
|Motorbike permit||$53||Valid for one academic year|
|One-off parking ticket||$3 – $5/day||Valid for a single day parking activity|
|Disabled parking clearance||Can be obtainable at the OU parking office or the state traffic regulatory agency. Valid for all areas marked handicapped. Renewable every six weeks.
If you lost your ticket, you can get a replacement for $15 at the ticket center. If you wish to get a refund, you can do so only within the first two weeks of the fall semester.
If you cannot afford a year-round or daily ticket, there is a range of free lots provided in other areas that you can use, like:
- The northern side of the Lloyd Noble Center
- Sooner Mall, north side, 3301 W. Main St. Bethel Baptist Annex, 1
- 132 McGee Drive; Memorial Presbyterian, 601 24th Avenue SW
What Warrants a parking citation in OU?
It is always a great idea to know your laws and avoid becoming a victim to ignorant violations. You will get booked around OU if you park:
- On a spot labelled handicapped without an appropriate permit.
- Without a proper permit.
- Illegally in the garage beyond 10 am.
- A new car or a car with a new license plate without updating your record at the portal.
- Without putting up your permit or courtesy card, which is a second option.
- In an area reserved for staff/faculty workers as a student or visitor.
- Indiscriminately outside a parking lot
- Beyond the designated time permitted in your permit
- In an area reserved for on-campus students as an off-campus student or visitor
- In the parking lot of a department other than yours
How to Pay for an OU Parking Permit
It is always a good idea to explore your options to save costs and get your parking issues settled beforehand. Here’s how to pay for a parking permit:
- Contact the OU transportation office at the Jenkins Avenue parking facility. (See the map).
- Order online at the website and choose to pick up your tag or have it mailed to your address.
- If you are a graduate assistant, a school vendor, or you’re just looking to stay for a short while, you would have to visit the office to get a temporary parking ticket.
How to Appeal a OU Parking Ticket?
You can appeal your citation online or at the university’s traffic office. To appeal either way, you’ll have to present your registration papers, the ticket issued to you, and clear evidence or testimony backing the veracity of your claims. Depending on the class of ticket, you may have to appeal as a visitor, a student, or commuter.
Or you can use DoNotPay, which has helped hundreds of thousands of people do this easily, without having to use the services of a lawyer.
How Does DoNotPay Appeal OU Citations?
DoNotPay will analyze your reason for the appeal and select the proper defense and state laws for your defense. It will even mail the appeal on your behalf to the OU parking services unit. You can do it all in two minutes or fewer when you follow the steps below!
- Head over to DoNotPay and create an account
- Provide honest answers about your ticket appeal
- Upload photo evidence
- Tell us which state the ticket is from
That’s all! After that, we’ll mail your appeal to the traffic ticket issuer (if you would like us to). All correspondence about the appeal decision will be directed to you, so make sure to be on the lookout!
DoNotPay’s Other Services
- Create standardized legal documents
- Get Robocall compensation
- Cease and desist letters
- Never pay for free trials
- And more!