Everything You Need to Know Concerning the Oculus Quest 2 Recall
Oculus is recalling the Oculus Quest 2 removable foam facial interface. They're doing this in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Oculus is doing this in response to reports that some users are experiencing skin irritation on the foam portion of the facial interface that rests on the skin.
Oculus offers a free silicone cover for the Quest 2 headset and Quest 2 Fit Pack owners to solve this problem.
There are several steps you need to take to . However, if you request your recall using DoNotPay, the experience will be faster and more convenient.
How Do I Make a Claim for The Oculus Quest 2 Recall On My Own?
To request your free silicone cover, go to the Oculus recall web page and click on the "Go To My Devices" button. From there, you'll be taken to another page where you'll need to sign in using your Oculus or Facebook ID.
The next page will come up. Go to "My Devices" and request your Quest 2 silicone cover.
Then enter and submit your shipping information.
The Information You Need to Get Your Recall
You'll need to have your Quest 2 serial number to get your recall.
There are four places where you can find your serial number:
|The headset.||You'll find the serial number on the right side of your headset when you pull the strap away from the strap arm. The serial number is on the inside portion of the strap arm.|
|The box it came in.||There's a white sticker marked on the outside of your Oculus Quest 2 box with a barcode. Under the barcode, there's an S/N followed by a 14-digit serial number.|
|The "My Account" page.||The serial number can be found on the Devices section on your "My Account" page.|
|The Oculus app.||Click Devices on the Oculus app and your headset and your serial number can be found there.|
However, there's an easier way for you to , and that's by requesting your Quest 2 silicone cover through DoNotPay.
DoNotPay can help you check for product recalls on your purchases and claim refunds, repairs, or replacements for product recalls.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls solution, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. So, whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay for Your Oculus Quest 2 Recall?
Benefits to applying for your Oculus Quest 2 recall with DoNotPay:
- You don't have to spend hours looking for serial numbers and other documents.
- You won't struggle filling out tedious forms or to keep track of every little detail.
- Once we receive your information, we will do the rest.
Does DoNotPay Handle Other Types of Recalls?
Absolutely! Here are some of the many types of product recalls we've handled:
- Neutrogena Sunscreen and other Sunscreen recalls
- Phillips CPAP
- Tyson Chicken
- Hot Pockets
- California recalls
- Recalls by VIN
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls Product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Claiming a warranty
- Insurance claims
- Disputing seatbelt tickets
- Filing a complaint
- Finding missing money
So, if you want to get your recall faster with no hassle, let DoNotPay do the work for you.