Waste No Time and Get Your Norton Refund Fast
Norton Antivirus is a software product developed by NortonLifeLock, and it’s been around since 1991. Norton is most famous for its anti-malware features that protect you from computer viruses, but the software can also keep you safe from phishing and spam emails. If your experience with Norton wasn’t what you had hoped for, you might be entitled to a refund. You can find the easiest solutions for the issue in this handy guide.
Everything You Need To Know About Norton’s Refund Policy
Before you take any action, make sure you’re eligible for the refund according to Norton’s policy. You can request a refund for any Norton product in the first 60 days of the purchase. If you bought a monthly subscription, you have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Certain parts of the purchase aren’t refundable:
- Applicable taxes
- Shipping and handling costs
- Previously refunded repeat purchases
- Damages caused by computer viruses
- Some purchases completed by a third party
- Not For Resale and any complementary software
- Redeemed Norton services or if the setup has already been completed
In case of an unwanted automatic renewal of a subscription you already paid for, you can still request a refund. Annual automatic renewals also give you a 60-day window to back out and ask for your money back.
When Can I Expect To Receive My Refund?
Once you get in touch with the company’s representatives or send them an inquiry, it is up to Norton to accept or deny your refund request. If approved, it should take up to seven days before the money is back in your bank account. If any issues arise, you can contact their customer support and explain your situation.
Steps You Can Take To Get a Norton Refund on Your Own
Don’t hesitate to take the necessary action if you feel like you deserve to get compensated. There are various ways to request a refund from Norton, but they advise you to call a representative. Sending a request via email or a form can result in longer waiting periods and Norton rejecting your request if any information is missing. This goes for automatic renewal refunds and subscriptions purchased from the Norton online store.
Request a Refund via Phone
To reach a representative and ask them for a refund, you can call the toll-free number at (855) 815-2726 or the customer service line at (844) 488-4540. You may have to wait longer if you call between 5 pm and 8 pm when they’re the busiest.
Request a Refund via Norton’s Website
You can request a refund via online chat, which you can access on Norton’s website. You’ll have to fill out a form first to provide your personal information and explain your issue. Submit the form and wait for an agent to contact you.
Refund Requests for Norton Subscriptions Purchased From a Retail Store via Letter
The process for subscriptions bought from a retail store is a little different. Here are the steps you need to take to apply for a refund:
- Download the required form for your region from Norton’s website and print it
- Fill out the form with the necessary information and sign it
- Find your Subscription Key label, which is usually located on a CD or card envelope in the received package
- Print and photocopy an image of the Subscription Key and the original receipt, with visible purchase date and price
- Send the form, receipt, and Subscription Key to the address found in the form
Your request could take up to six weeks to process. Remember not to staple or tape together the papers you’re including in the envelope. After receiving your refund, you must delete all program files related to the refunded subscription.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Should I Expect Any Difficulties With the Process?
According to many reviews online, yes. Some people reported no problems when dealing with customer support, but a large number of users said otherwise. Many former Norton users complained about bad customer service, denied refund requests, and overpriced automatic renewals. In their comments, you can often find complaints about representatives not speaking English fluently or not having proper knowledge of the procedure. Reviews on Trustpilot often contain claims of overcharging, saying that users have been billed for services they hadn’t used or signed up for. Because Norton makes agreeing to automatic renewal mandatory, the company has your credit card information and might charge you for unwanted services, according to this Reddit thread. Less common but still worth noticing, people claimed Norton Antivirus offered them a much cheaper deal on renewals once they tried to quit using their services. Not to mention they were originally asking the customers to pay triple the amount!
Take the Easiest Route to Your Norton Refund With DoNotPay
Reading about all the issues other people had with Norton might make you feel helpless and stressed, but don’t let that discourage you from taking action. There’s an easier way to get what you want and skip the tedious customer service pressuring you into staying or offering countless different deals. Get the help of DoNotPay and allow us to work our magic in your name. To set up your DoNotPay account, find the app in your web browser. There are only a few steps you need to take to get a Norton refund with DoNotPay:
- Log in to your account and scroll down to find the Chargeback Instantly option
- Click on Get Protected underneath
- Answer the quick questions about the payment you made and confirm your personal information
- Choose whether you want DoNotPay to generate a dispute and send it in your name or if you want to send it personally
- Complete the process by providing us with a digital signature
DoNotPay will then fax a request to your bank. The letter will also include all the VISA and Mastercard codes that will maximize your chances of getting your money back, as requested by the Fair Credit Billing Act. You will also need some more evidence for your case, but DoNotPay will take care of this by contacting the merchant and creating it on your behalf.
Is There Something Else I Can Use My DoNotPay Account For?
DoNotPay is not one of those apps you use once or twice and then never open again. Our virtual assistant app wasn’t made to just take up space in your device and collect dust. DoNotPay helps you fight and win your battles against the ruthless bureaucracy on a day-to-day basis. This means that, after you get that Norton refund you deserve, you can take on other adversaries that make your life so much more stressful. Set up your DoNotPay account, and we can help you claim compensation for canceled flights or protect you from phishing emails. You won’t ever fall victim to automatic renewal again because of DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card that allows you to keep your credit card info out of companies’ reach when subscribing to free trials. The app is available both in your web browser. If you still don’t feel convinced, don’t turn your head just yet. DoNotPay can save you so much time, money, and energy. Check out this short list of tasks we can help you with:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Getting refunds from other companies