Appealing Norfolk Parking Tickets With Ease
The city of Norfolk’s Parking Division is under the Department of General Services. The division is responsible for overseeing over 19,000 public parking spaces and over 500 on-street spaces. Their efforts are aimed at providing safe and convenient parking services to people in Norfolk. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need when you are issued a Norfolk parking ticket and how to dispute them quickly and easily.
Parking Violation Fee Schedule
Parking tickets in Norfolk are issued by the parking enforcement personnel. The total citation will usually include there is no citation and the late penalty fee. Below is a schedule of parking violation fees in the city of Norfolk :
|Blocking Fire Lane||$150|
|Facing the Wrong Way||$50|
|No Parking - Bus Stop||$50|
|No Parking - Crosswalk||$50|
|No Parking - Here to Corner||$50|
|No Parking - Fire Hydrant||$150|
|No Parking - Loading Zone||$50|
|No Parking - Street Cleaning||$60|
|No Parking - This Side||$50|
|No Stopping Zone||$50|
|Overtime Parking - Meter||$35|
|Overtime Parking - Meter Feeding||$50|
|Overtime Parking - Time Zone||$50|
|Parking off of Roadway||$50|
|Restricted City Lot||$50|
Paying for a Parking Fee in Norfolk
Paying a parking fine in Norfolk can be conveniently done in different methods. You can pay by cash or major credit cards and debit cards. To pay for your citation, you may do any of the following:
- Using a credit card and paying online
- Using the provided envelope and mailing your payment to :
City of Norfolk
Citation Collection Services
P.O. Box 80239
Indianapolis, IN 46280-0239
- Using a credit card and calling 1-866-425-3269
- Using the drop box located at:
Parking Customer Service Center
222 E Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
- Visiting the parking customer service center at:
222 E Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Disputing a Norfolk Citation
If you believe you have been issued a parking ticket by mistake, you may refuse to pay and dispute instead. Mistakes happen all the time when issuing citations and some of those include incorrect or missing vehicle information or wrong time and date of issuance. Here below are what you need to do to ensure that you win a ticket dispute:
- The first step is to gather as much evidence as you can. Take pictures of the location of the car, parking meter, ambiguous signs, and any proof that may render a parking ticket invalid.
- Do not assume liability by paying the ticket. This makes it difficult to reverse the payment after the hearing.
- Draft a professionally written letter and send it to the correct parking ticket office address. You may also complete this process by sending the dispute online.
- Include evidence that supports your claim.
- If you request a hearing to resolve your case make sure to attend, be on time, and conduct yourself professionally.
Norfolk Code of Ordinances to Take Note of
According to Chapter 25 of Norfolk's Motor Vehicle Code, there are specific provisions for late payment penalties. Here below are some of the information that you need to take note of:
- A $50 penalty will apply to late payments of more than 30 days.
- Another $20 penalty will apply to late payments of more than 90 days.
- An additional $20 penalty will apply to late payments of more than 115 days.
- If the late payment is eligible for the Commonwealth tax intercept program, another $25 will apply.
- An administration fee of $10 will be required before the release of vehicles towed for three or more unpaid tickets.
- If a ticket remains unpaid for longer than 30 days, your case will be forwarded to a collection agency
- A $35 penalty will be issued to bounced personal checks.
- You have 30 days from the ticket’s date of issue to contest a parking citation.
- If you have three or more unpaid tickets, your car may be booted and towed.
- Inability to pay the fines will subject the violator to a fee of not less than $25 and not more than $100
Contest Parking Tickets In Norfolk In Less Than 120 Seconds
Disputing a parking ticket can be easier said than done. In some cases, drafting technical letters and keeping track of statutory deadlines may require the help of a legal expert. However, that also comes with prohibitively expensive fees.
That is where DoNotPay can help. We are the world's first robot lawyer and we make disputing tickets cost-efficient and easy. We have a track record of appealing more than $3 million worth of parking tickets. With our app, all you have to do is:
- Go to DoNotPay’s website or app.
- Answer a few questions.
- The app will generate an automatic letter written specifically for Norfolk.
- Press ‘send’ and DoNotPay will send the letter on your behalf.
That’s it. You’ll then just have to wait for a few days to receive a letter and find out if you won.