How to Get No Man’s Sky Steam Refunds Hassle-Free
No Man’s Sky is a survival video game created and published by Hello Games—a British indie video game company.
The game can be found on platforms such as Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, and Good Old Games. If you want to learn how to request a No Man’s Sky refund on each of these platforms, you’ll find this guide useful.
How to Get a No Man’s Sky Refund With DoNotPay’s Help
DoNotPay offers the most convenient and time-efficient way of requesting No Man’s Sky refunds. You can follow these steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser or an iOS device
- Go to “Chargeback Instantly” and click on “Get Protected”
- Confirm your account info
- Answer all of the chatbot’s questions
- Verify your signature
- Click “Sign and Submit”
Once you complete your request, it will get faxed to your bank together with the letter that contains the ViSA and Mastercard codes. DoNotPay can also contact the merchant for you.
All of that can help you win the case and receive a refund.
How to Get a No Man’s Sky Steam Refund on Your Own
You can also request a No Man’s Sky refund by yourself through the Steam website.
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
How to Request a No Man’s Sky Refund Through the Steam Website
To refund No Man’s Sky on the Steam website, do the following:
- Access your account from the Steam Help page
- Click on “A Purchase” in the “What do you need help with” section
- Find and click on No Man’s Sky
- Choose to request a refund
- Complete the contact form
Once you send the form, the company will send you an email to confirm that your request has been received.
How to Request a No Man’s Sky Refund if I Purchased the Game on Another Platform?
If you didn’t purchase No Man’s Sky on Steam but another platform, here’s how to request a refund through their websites:
Good Old Games
If you need help requesting a refund through the Xbox website, you can get in touch with their customer service by requesting a call on the contact page.
What Is No Man’s Sky Refund Policy?
Hello Games advise you to contact the store you bought the game from—Xbox, Steam, PlayStation, or Good Old Games—and follow their instructions to request a refund. Here is the refund policy of each of the stores:
Steam Refund Policy
You can request a refund for a game on Steam in the first 14 days after purchasing the game, and with under two hours of playtime.
You’ll receive the refund either through the payment method used for the purchase (JCB, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express) or in Steam Wallet funds—it depends on your choice and the country you live in.
PlayStation Store Refund Policy
You’re eligible for a PlayStation refund if you request it in the first 14 days, but only if you haven’t downloaded or streamed the game.
Your money will be credited to the payment method used for the purchase.
Xbox Refund Policy
Xbox refund is available only in the first 14 days after the purchase and if you have less than two hours of gameplay. Another condition is that you need to launch the game at least once before requesting a refund.
Xbox will credit the refund to the original payment provider. You can track your refund request status in your order history.
Good Old Games Refund Policy
You can request a GOG refund in the first 30 days after buying the game.
GOG will also refund your money to the original payment provider used for the purchase.
How Long Will It Take to Receive a Refund for No Man’s Sky?
The waiting period for your No Man’s Sky refund depends on the platform you purchased the game and requested the refund from.
- Steam—You’ll receive a refund within seven to 14 days of the refund approval
- PlayStation—Expect to be refunded eight to ten business days after sending the request
- Xbox—You’ll get the response from the support team after 72 hours, and the refund after a few business days
- Good Old Games—The waiting period depends on your payment method—Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, or Paysafecard. The refunds credited to AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard will take a few business days. If you used PayPal to pay for No Man’s Sky, they will notify you via email once GOG sends your refund. Paysafecard users are usually international gamers, and the time between their refund request and payment will be the longest.
Potential Issues When Requesting Refunds for No Man’s Sky on Steam
Because of a highly upvoted Reddit post, many gamers think that Steam will automatically offer a full refund even after they play No Man’s Sky for more than two hours, despite Steam’s policy.
Steam has emphasized that their standard refund policy—requesting a refund within 14 days with less than two hours of gameplay—is still valid for No Man’s Sky. That message is visible before you purchase the game.
Another issue shows up when you want to request a refund for in-game purchases. You can request it in the first 48 hours, and only if you haven’t changed, used, or transferred the item.
Issues You Could Encounter While Requesting a No Man’s Sky Refund on Other Platforms
These are some of the problems you may come across if you purchased the game from other gaming platforms:
- PlayStation—Once you start downloading the game, you can’t get a refund unless the product is “faulty”
- Xbox—If you’re requesting refunds too often, Microsoft could think that you’re taking advantage of them. In that case, they can refuse to approve future refund requests
- Good Old Games—Even though GOG guarantees a full refund for any game, they will still try to fix the issues you have first. The company will offer a refund only if they can’t solve the problems that you have with No Man’s Sky or any other game. Another case where GOG won’t approve the refund is if the game doesn’t work because your device’s system doesn’t meet its requirements. These specifications are already written and explained on the product page, and that’s why GOG won’t approve the refund
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me With?
Other than helping you request a refund from companies in the most efficient way possible, DoNotPay can assist you in resolving many other issues. After logging in to your DoNotPay account either from a web browser or your iOS device, you can rely on us to help you:
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Fight speeding tickets
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Sue any firm or person in small claims court
- Set up a DMV appointment fast
- Get compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships hassle-free
- Contest parking tickets
- Solve issues with credit cards
- Contact customer service reps without wasting too much time on the phone
- Resolve problems with bills you are unable to pay
- Get refunds from any company
- Keep your inbox spam mail-free forever