Yes, You Can Refuse to Pay MGM's Resort Fees - Here's How
When you stay at hotels with many amenities, you are almost guaranteed to be charged a variety of fees. Resort fees are charges that are automatically applied to your stay and often cover amenities such as parking, WiFi, complimentary breakfast, and concierge services. They are mostly found in busy tourist destinations, such as at Mexican resorts and at cruise line destinations.
Extra fees charged by hotels can include:
- Incendental fee
- Overnight parking fees
- Pet fees
- Resort fees
- Service fees
Perhaps most notably in the United States, Las Vegas hotels often charge mandatory fees, including the MGM Grand on the Las Vegas Strip. The MGM Resort is famous for having one of the largest gambling floors in all of Las Vegas, as well as for its star-studded events in the MGM Grand Garden Arena and its quintessential location. With all the amenities included with your hotel room, it comes as no surprise that your reservation also comes with a number of hefty fees.
However, the MGM resort fee is not immediately announced to you when making a reservation or checking in, and for that reason, you may be able to get out of paying for it. This guide can help you understand some of the and how you can dispute them.
What Kind Of Fees Does MGM Resort Charge?
cover some of the hotel's amenities, including guest access to its fitness centers, unlimited local calls from your room, property-wide high speed internet access, and airline boarding pass printing at the front desk. Some may argue that these amenities do not make up for the charges. A few of the fees charged by MGM include:
|Daily Resort Fee
|$39 (plus tax)
|Additional Guest Fee
|$40 (plus tax) for each additional person in the room beyond the maximum of two guests, regardless of age
|Daily Pet Fee
|Daily Parking Fee
MGM resort fees and additional fees can add up very quickly and may leave you wondering why these amounts aren't absorbed into the hotel rate. Many of these fees may come as a surprise when you check out and notice the size of your final bill, especially if you didn't thoroughly research the various resort fees before your stay. Because these hidden fees are rarely announced to you before the time comes to pay them, you may be curious if you could dispute any of these fees or get a refund after you have paid them.
How to Fight MGM Resort Fees on Your Own
Very little information exists on the web about how to dispute MGM resort fees. Though there are many articles that call resort fees a scam, few offer information on how to successfully avoid paying them. A few options to get you started are:
- Make an argument at the front desk - If the resort fees cover things you didn't use, such as a fitness center or the room telephone, or if services you did use didn't work well, such as slow WiFi, you should tell the front desk. They may be willing to remove the resort fee in order to keep you a happy customer.
- Call customer service - After checking out, you can call the MGM Resorts customer service line at (877) 880-0880 and tell them why you believe you should get a refund for your resort fee.
- Dispute charges with your credit card company - You can call your credit card company and try to convince them to remove the charge.
It may feel daunting to try to dispute charges on your own. If you are unsure where to start, DoNotPay can help you fight and waive fees that you feel you shouldn't have to pay. All you need to do is provide us with a little information and we will work our hardest to get your refunded.
DoNotPay Can Help
Paying outrageous fees for services you don't use is not something you just have to accept. DoNotPay believes that you are entitled to dispute unjust fees and get your money back.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
DoNotPay can help you quickly and easily fight resort fees and get your money back if you already paid them to avoid the hassle of disputing them. DoNotPay has many years of experience helping our users sort out customer service issues and we believe that we can successfully solve your problem.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies and Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay provides assistance to those who don't have the time or energy to fight unwanted fees. Here's an incomplete list of services DoNotPay can help with:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you fight and waive fees, DoNotPay has services and products to solve all kinds of issues. We're here to help you.
Sign up for DoNotPay today and simplify your life.