It’s a Mega Headache If You Forgot Your Mega Password
MEGA is a New Zealand-based company that provides secure cloud storage and communication services. If you use this alternative to Google Drive and Dropbox, you know how important your MEGA password is! If you and your MEGA account email address, you'll be locked out. Privacy and security are the nature of the business, after all.
DoNotPay can help you quickly and efficiently recover your MEGA account. Just answer a few simple questions on the DoNotPay app, and we'll contact MEGA on your behalf. And once you've downloaded DoNotPay, you can use the app to recover passwords for other services and platforms:
- Did you forget your Steam password, too?
- Can't remember your Gmail password, either?
- Been a while since you logged in, and now you forgot your Facebook password?
- Need help to recover an Apple ID password?
Learn more about how DoNotPay can help you recover and reset forgotten passwords.
How to Reset Your Mega Password by Yourself
We get it. Sometimes you just want to roll up your sleeves and DIY. Here are the steps to take if you want to on your own.
Step 1. Access MEGA's login page.
Go to the MEGA login page and click on Forgot your password?. You'll then be prompted to enter the email address for the account that you want to recover.
- If you do remember your MEGA account email, it's your lucky day. Just enter that email address and follow the prompts. You're on your way to recovering your forgotten MEGA password!
- If you don't remember your MEGA account email, leave that field blank.
- You'll then be prompted to hit the green Start button twice. Then proceed to Step 2.
Step 2. Enter your MEGA Recovery Key
If you don't remember your MEGA account email, you will then be asked for your MEGA Recovery Key. Here's a tip from MEGA: "The Recovery Key is 22 characters long and saved in a text file."
- If you do know your Recovery Key, enter it. Oh, happy day! Then follow the prompts to recover your password.
- If you don't know your Recovery Key, you'll be asked, "Are you logged into MEGA?"
- If you are logged into MEGA on any electronic device, use that device to access your account and recover your password.
- If you are not logged into MEGA on any electronic device, follow the prompt. Then proceed to Step 3.
Step 3. Learn What Options You Have Left for Resetting Your Mega Password
If you don't remember the email associated with your MEGA account or your 22-character Recovery Key, your options are limited.
- MEGA will give you the option to "park" your existing account and open a new, empty account with the same email address.
- If you park your existing account, all of your data will be deleted in 60 days.
- If you remember your password or Recovery Key within 60 days, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. MEGA may be able to restore your data.
- If you've hit a dead end trying to restore your forgotten MEGA password on your own, see if DoNotPay can help!
Reset Your Mega Password with the Help of DoNotPay
Before you "park" your MEGA account and risk losing valuable data, see if DoNotPay can help you restore your password. Just follow these 6 simple steps:
DoNotPay lets you recover your password in 6 simple steps:
1. Go to the Recover Passwords product on DoNotPay and select the type of account you are trying to recover, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
2. Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails and phone numbers.
3. Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, and any payment methods saved under the account.
4. Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
5. Enter any last known or previously used passwords to help verify your identity.
6. Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will get to work resetting your MEGA password.
Why You Should Reset Your Mega Password with DoNotPay
DoNotPay is simple. You probably noticed that resetting your MEGA password on your own involves a lot of steps. DoNotPay makes it easy.
|Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to get back into your MEGA account only to be ghosted by customer service reps who can’t help.|
|Easy||You don't have to struggle through multiple attempts at recovery. We do it for you.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll do everything we can to get you back into your MEGA account as soon as possible.|
Donotpay Helps You Reset All Your Forgotten Passwords with the Click of a Button
Consider DoNotPay your personal assistant. You'll find that the app is handy for forgotten passwords. But you can also use DoNotPay to accomplish tasks like:
- Delete a Facebook account
- Delete a PayPal account
- Help with a hacked Netflix account
- Hacked bank account
Download the DoNotPay app once, and you'll find that you use it over and over.
DoNotPay Is Your Resource for All Forgotten Passwords
In the U.S., the average person is locked out of 10 online accounts each month. And trying to reset or recover these passwords is time-consuming and frustrating. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Uh-oh. I am locked out of Discord.
- Did I really forget my Instagram password again?
- I forgot my Windows 10 password and can't reset it on my own.
- What can I do if I don't remember my Samsung password?
- And worst of all, I forgot the WiFi password.
You have better things to do than answer endless security questions. Let DoNotPay recover your forgotten passwords today.