Are You Up-To-Date on Your Mazda Recall Information?
Have you heard about a , and you're wondering if it applies to your own car? Maybe a part on your Mazda broke or unexpectedly stopped working correctly, and you're wondering if it's just your car or a problem with that particular model?
No matter your car's apparent condition, or whether you heard something on the news about an important recall, it's a good idea to check in once in a while to make sure your vehicle doesn't have defective--and potentially dangerous-- parts. That's what DoNotPay's recall service can do for you: search for recalls on any product you own, and help you file a claim in the case there's a Mazda recall.
Are There Any Current Mazda Recalls?
Yes. There are recalls involving two separate faulty parts used in Mazda vehicles.
1. Malfunctioning airbag inflator
According to the Mazda Recall Information Center, some Takata brand airbag inflators can cause injuries or even death. Affected vehicles are as follows:
- B-Series, years 2004-2009
- Mazda6, years 2003-2013
- MazdaSpeed6, years 2006-2007
- MPV, years 2004-2006
- RX-8, years 2004-2011
- CX-7, years 2007-2012
- CX-9, years 2007-2015
2. Malfunctioning tire valve
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, tires sold with some Mazda3 models can suddenly deflate due to a faulty tire air valve, causing loss of control of the vehicle and possible injury or death.
How Can I Check If My Mazda Is Under Recall?
You have several options to find out if your vehicle is among those recalled, but first, you need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). You can locate your VIN in two locations on any vehicle or on paperwork associated with your vehicle:
- On the driver's side dashboard where the dashboard meets the windshield
- Printed on a sticker on the driver's side door or doorjamb
- On your auto insurance card
- On your vehicle registration card
- On your vehicle's title
Once you have taken note of your VIN, here are your options for finding out if your Mazda has been recalled:
|The Mazda Recall Information Center||The Mazda Recall Information Center is a website created by Mazda to assist owners in finding out whether their Mazda is under recall. Go to http://www.mazdarecallinfo.com.
The website will then tell you whether your vehicle has been recalled and guide you through the next steps. These usually involve making an appointment at a local Mazda full-service dealership where technicians will verify that the vehicle is under recall and then proceed to repair the issue, hopefully at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
|National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)||Go online to http://www.nhtsa.gov and find the field that asks for your vehicle's year, make, model, or VIN. Enter your information, and the website will give you specific instructions for handling your recall case|
|DoNotPay's Car Recall Monitor||DoNotPay's consumer advocacy service subscription offers many different services, one of which is the ability to check for auto, and other product recalls.|
How Do I Make a Claim for Refunds or Replacement Parts During a Mazda Recall?
Even if your vehicle is under recall, you might be required to provide a certain amount of information to build a "case" for making a claim. Here's what you might need to prove:
- You didn't tamper with the part yourself
- You are the original purchaser (if that is a requirement)
- The part is still under warranty (if that is a requirement)
- The part is, indeed, defective (which may require a cursory inspection by you)
You'll likely be asked to gather documentation and send it to either your local dealership or Mazda's main offices.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay:
Our Product Recalls service isn't just for vehicle recalls! All you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts and any required documentation (we'll help you figure out what you need), and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your vehicle or other product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the DoNotPay Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund or replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
How to Schedule Dealership Appointments to Repair Recalled Mazdas Using DoNotPay?
If your vehicle has been recalled, you're entitled to a free repair! Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) for which you want to schedule your appointment.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
What Other Recalls Have DoNotPay Successfully Handled For Its Subscribers?
- Recalls for products in specific states
- Dog food recalls
- Sunscreen recalls (and specifically the Neutrogena sunscreen recall)
- Philips CPAP recall
- Tyson chicken recall
- Hot Pocket recall
- Peloton recall
- Metformin recall
DoNotPay Will Get You Back on the Road Again... FAST!
Do you want to use one web application to handle your entire recall process? DoNotPay is your best bet. We're...
- Fast--You don't have to spend hours looking up recall notices, calling dealerships, or negotiating for repairs or replacements.
- Easy--We'll handle everything for you in just a few easy steps!
- Successful--You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
Learn more about services today!